Position: Wholesale Intern
Start Date: Late May/Early June 2015
Location: New York City
Billy Reid Inc. is a leading American luxury lifestyle brand known for interesting and decidedly modern designs. Founded in 2004, Billy Reid offers a broad range of men’s and women’s apparel and accessories with a deep appreciation for quality and respect for fabrication and craftsmanship. Billy Reid Inc. is continually seeking motivated, talented, and dedicated individuals to fill key roles within its rapidly growing operations.
We are currently seeking an intern to assist the wholesale team during the summer months in New York City. As we dive into Spring market, we are looking for an individual with passion and positive energy to round out our team and help us continue to grow and operate at an exemplary level. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand his or her knowledge of how a successful fashion label works within the wholesale realm. We are a small team, so many responsibilities are divided and shared by the group. The role will entail supporting the team in various integral ways, far beyond just picking up lunch and taking out trash. Candidates will receive valuable experience to further develop their skills and expand their knowledge, all while working alongside a team of passionate, dynamic, and excited individuals.
• Assisting in management of samples for wholesale showroom
• Updating orders and spreadsheets
• Assisting team during market, helping to make appointments run smoothly
• Maintaining visual standards, organization and an elevated level of cleanliness in the showroom
• Accompanying wholesale team members on store visits within NYC
• Watching and listening to gain useful experience for a future in the fashion/wholesale industry
• Positive attitude
• Quick learner with the ability to multi-task
• Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Diligent work ethic, and eagerness to contribute to a team environment
Some meals and a MetroCard will be provided, although the position is unpaid. Must be eligible to receive college credit. Some great Billy Reid clothing will be provided as well.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Kirby.firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your name and “Summer 2015 Wholesale Internship” in the subject of the e-mail. Please include your availability, start date, and anticipated duration of internship.