Maintain the goop brand—both visually and through voice—across off-site social experiences with the goal of extending the brand’s reach, developing a loyal and engaged audience, and driving excellent, highly-converting traffic to the goop site, as well as to designated third party partners. In addition, the Social Media Director is charged with managing the community function, across all social media sites as well as on goop.com. Beyond setting and executing against the strategy and content calendar for all designated social plays, the Social Media Director is charged with ensuring that goop is continually using the best technology and platforms to ensure maximum engagement and growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set strategy around the strongest platform for each play—content, commerce, and sponsorships.
- Develop a collective of social influencers to further the goop brand; create content plays and initiatives to reach, develop, convert their audiences, and also add reach to sponsorship opportunities.
- Establish social content programs to support advertisers and sponsored opportunities, ensuring that there is little to no brand collateral damage in the process: Programs should be fun, engaging, and unique—and hopefully afford experiences or opportunities that social users wouldn’t otherwise get.
- Establish a best practices process for the company, and all key stakeholders who might engage those platforms: When and how to post, etc.
- Establish a scaleable content strategy and calendar for all the different platforms: A mix of one-offs, but many templatized series and posts that can be scaled and owned by different editorial stakeholders.
- Work with product team to build necessary tools, both on-site and off.
- Set monthly KPIs against traffic, engagement, and audience development; analyze impact of traffic-driving and audience building activities and report tracking weekly (summary) and quarterly.
- Help define and keep tabs on competitive set, and also any other companies, however unrelated, that might be doing compelling and interesting things in social that could inform our strategy. Update social comps against competitive set weekly to understand where we sit in marketplace.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gwyneth started goop in the Fall of 2008 to share all of life's positives. From creating a delicious recipe to finding a perfect dress for spring, Gwyneth began curating the best of lifestyle to help her readers save time, simplify and feel inspired. Determined to publish a genuine and resourceful issue each week, for many, goop has become their most trusted girlfriend on the web. Goop has since grown into an eminent lifestyle publication, dedicated to informing and positively inspiring its audience. Goop gives readers exclusive access to recipes, travel guides, fashion, wellness tips, cultural notes and more. Incorporating the knowledge of expert contributors and tastemakers, along with our own editorial eye and uncompromising style, issues are delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday. Additionally, the publication in its entirety can be found right here on the site at any time, making goop.com a wealth of knowledge and an indispensable resource for all who love to make, go, get, do, be and see.