La Petite Coquette (located at 51 University Place, between 9 and 10 Sts.) is the premier lingerie destination in New York City, where celebrities and shoppers alike find fashionable and practical solutions to their intimate apparel needs, from the most discrete and knowledgeable staff. Located in the heart of the Village near NYU, this high profile boutique continues to stay ahead to trends in intimate apparel.
We are looking for an exceptional Buyer to join our team.
You will actively manage all aspects of the buying process, as well as stock management and stock control: this will involve identifying under performing categories and brands, planning the launch of new ranges, overseeing quality control and regularly reviewing the department spend against agreed benchmarks.
The successful candidate will have strong commercial awareness and numerical skills, as well as robust negotiation skills to successfully influence and persuade vendors and internal departments. A keen eye for detail is vital, as is the ability to inspire and motivate the rest of your team. Previous Buying experience is essential, preferably within Lingerie & Swimwear.
- To source new brands and product in line with the strategy through knowledge and expertise of the product and market.
- To ensure that Buying decisions are based on a sound commercial framework to drive sales and profit.
- To work closely with the Owner to plan the OTB and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the Owner where necessary.
- To be responsible for range planning, working closely with the Merchandiser and Buying Manager.
- To manage existing brands through analysis of performance, taking action when necessary and making decision to keep or discontinue within the business.
- To manage concessions through regular meetings with the concession manager and analysis of performance, making recommendations to the Owner.
- To ensure effective communication with retail operations teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training.
- To be responsible for the ordering process within the area, ensuring compliance with all relevant processes.
- 5-7 years of experience in buying/merchandising with a fashion retail business, and at least 3 years managing a buying team.
- BA/BS degree.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Lingerie merchandising experience (preferred).
To apply, please send your resume to Lpc.email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.