Parachute is a luxury bedding essentials brand based in Venice Beach. Designed in LA, made in Italy, and delivered directly to customers, Parachute simplifies the purchasing process to make premium quality bedding accessible. We are a small start up team with big growth plans, seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic intern with a can-do attitude to assist with editorial, social and general administrative duties.
• A strong interest in editorial, publishing, start ups, e-commerce
• Excellent writing skills
• Must be comfortable with Wordpress, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Hoot-suite, Reddit and emerging social media platforms
• Create PR collateral, including fact sheets, media backgrounders, press kits
• Experience producing content for the web and social media, including images, gifs, video, copy, etc.
• Attention to detail and organized
• Must be resourceful and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
• Must be a team player and pitch in with other departments when needed (i.e. merchandising, customer service, showroom maintenance)
• Undergraduate or Graduate student. Candidate with Communications, Marketing, PR, Journalism and/or Business background would be a good fit for this position.
• Unpaid internship for University credit or $10/hr
• Twenty hours (or more) at office, flexible throughout the week
• Candidate must have a laptop
If you’re seeking to join an awesome company delivering a great product and giving back, please send us a cover letter, links to your social and two writing samples at firstname.lastname@example.org.