Title: Social Media Manager
Reports to: VP of Marketing
The ideal candidate has 2 to 4 years of experience in the digital/social media editorial space, lives and breathes everything digital, and has a fresh, exciting outlook on social media.
The Social Media Manager participates in the development of social and digital content strategies and executes all social programs for the brand. This position is responsible for growth and engagement across all branded external digital communities and will serve as the internal social expert within the marketing organization.
This role reports and coordinates with Marketing, Creative, eCommerce, Web Development teams, as well as our Digital Agency to insure our social voice is heard.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with marketing leadership to create long term and seasonal social strategies, growth targets and roadmaps
- Develop and maintain an ongoing global content calendar through curation, solicitation and creation of meaningful brand and lifestyle content
- Execute the content strategy across existing social platforms, representing the brand as a facilitator of conversation and content sharing
- Liaise with global divisions to determine appropriate localization needs and representation of markets in the global content calendar
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities to gain insights into customer behavior and buying patterns.
- Stay current on new trends, contests, and media platforms pertaining to social activity.
- Regularly relay insights gained from social media monitoring to the Marketing teams and Digital Agency, to help the brand evolve its strategies in a timely fashion.
- Work with Digital Agency to research, understand analytics, strategize, and coordinate new social media campaigns and online events.
- Promote and leverage our current social relationships with brand ambassadors, athletes, and artists as well as find and monitor future relevant social personalities that can help build SUPRA exposure.
- Create Social Media guidelines clearly defining what can be shared, posted, or engaged with our social channels.
- Monitor global handles on all platforms globally to insure partners are within guideline standards, as well as monitoring fan sites and potential counterfeit sites.
- Respond promptly to customer feedback and messages and ensure that our social media customer experience lives up to our brand promise
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in marketing and copywriting; social media management experience at a multi-channel or specialty retailer a plus
- Deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest, and blogging.
- Proven experience in growing online community engagement.
- Must be able to think strategically, synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information, and be willing and able to roll up his sleeves to help implement the programs.
- A solid grasp of word of mouth/digital marketing, a strong social media footprint, and acute knowledge of emerging trends and technologies.
- Drive to experiment and develop emerging social channels.
- Detail oriented with an ability to identify compelling content that aligns with brand standards (both visual and written)
- Multi-tasker with exceptional time management skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to easily and closely collaborate with various constituents across the company.
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience and bettering people’s days.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently on projects from start-to-finish.