Otis College of Art & Design, Fashion Design Department, is seeking a part-time faculty Model Drawing Instructor for beginning to advanced level instruction. This position reports directly to the Department Chair. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• Teaching responsibilities and the mentoring of those students in assigned classes.
• Monitoring attendance, documentation of student learning, and reporting of grades.
• Regular monitoring of classroom studios and participation in classroom set-up.
• Attendance at faculty meetings and adherence to program assessment.
• Must also work creatively and effectively with a diverse student body as part of a team of professional artist/educators.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Professional experience and BFA preferred.
• 2+ years teaching experience in Fashion related classes preferred.
• Must demonstrate an extensive knowledge and ability to teach accurate anatomical structure and rendering of all types of fabrics and garments.
• Must be proficient in a variety of drawing media.
• Must demonstrate a full understanding of how to manipulate the figure.
• Able to convey technical concepts and information to a variety of skill levels required.
• Attention to detail and punctuality is required.
Applications: Send a letter of application with a resume and appropriate evidence of professional activity (please note submitted application materials will not be returned); also include the names, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references.
Mail completed applications to:
Attention: Connie Martinez, Academic Coordinator, Fashion Design Otis College of Art and Design
110 East 9th Street, Suite C201
Los Angeles, California 90079
Electronic submissions equivalent to the materials requested above may be sent to Connie Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include: “PT Model Drawing Faculty” in the subject heading.