Ringly is looking for a Jewelry Sourcing and Product Development Manager to join the team and help build and manage the product development and sourcing/supply chain side for our jewelry production. We’re developing a new category of jewelry, so this role will involve identifying strategies for merging traditional jewelry development/sourcing/production with electronics manufacturing.
We are a close-knit startup so the ability to work and communicate well with a small team across a variety of disciplines is a must. The road to merging these two formerly separate categories (tech + jewelry) requires a continuous feedback loop between all team members, especially between jewelry designers and engineers overseeing the tech side of the product.
- Manage the critical path and day to day process of the jewelry supply chain, from initial concept through to delivery.
- Liase with engineers during product development and production to ensure all jewelry product specs can be achieved and align with tech requirements.
- Interact with suppliers and factories to ensure jewelry production is tracking against production timeline. Troubleshoot as needed when any issues arise.
- Source new stone/materials suppliers and factories to improve quality/margins of end product.
- Ensure all raw materials needed for jewelry production are shipped to the factory according to a pre-defined timeline to ensure production can begin/finish on time.
- Establish on-the-ground quality control teams where sourcing/production is occurring to QC the jewelry components. Identify jewelry quality standards, testing requirements and KPIs for production.
- Develop and manage accurate costing and margin analysis & identify new ways to improve spending.
- Manage production and timelines for sample collections to ensure they are available when needed for press and wholesale purposes.
- 5-7+ years experience working with jewelry product development and sourcing in the contemporary/costume/fashion jewelry category.
- Experience with high volume jewelry manufacturing, ideally with factories in Asia.
- Must come with pre-existing factory contacts and recommendations for gemstone and raw materials suppliers.
- Problem solver who is excited about the possibility of working to combine jewelry & tech production – you love the idea of a challenge.
- Ability to think creatively about ways in which we can optimize product development, sourcing and jewelry manufacturing of the Ringly product.
- Fluency with managing financials, margins, and negotiating for optimal costings.
- Can prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. No task is too small.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with sourcing and production partners.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized. Spreadsheets are your best friend. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to help shape the future of smart jewelry.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (not to exceed one page) to email@example.com subject line Jewelry Sourcing Manager.