She's in the Glow, a fast growing beauty blog, is looking for an Editorial and Social Intern. She's in the Glow has been featured in numerous print and online publications – Chalkboard Magazine, Well + Good, Barneys, Teen Vogue, Nylon Magazine, InStyle, Refinery 29, Self Magazine, Stylecaster and more.
The intern will play an integral part of the blog's growth and will assume a significant degree of responsibility. This position is responsible for growth and engagement across all branded external digital communities and will serve as the internal social expert within the brand.The intern must be proactive, creative and dynamic.
The ideal candidate is a Masters Candidate related to journalism, art, fashion, beauty, PR, Social Media or marketing. Undergraduate candidates with relevant skill sets and interests will also be considered. The perfect candidate must display a genuine curiosity and interest in both beauty and fashion and must be able to demonstrate a strong commercial aptitude for business development tasks, social media, marketing and public relations.
She's in the Glow is an exciting and fast paced entrepreneurial environment - enthusiasm and team work will be met with a steep learning curve and the possibility of a permanent position. The faster the brand grows, the faster a permanent position will become available.
To apply, please send your resume to Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities to gain insights into customer behavior and buying patterns.
- Stay current on new trends, contests, and media platforms pertaining to social activity.
- Help sharing all SITG stories of all platforms, as well as the intern’s own personal platforms. SITG typically produces three stories a week, usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Respond promptly to customer feedback and messages and ensure that our social media customer experience lives up to our brand promise.
- Scheduling tweets on Hootsuite to promote SITG and all stories, past and current.
- Expand & manage the SITG Pinterest page. Pin all products from ‘shop the story’ section under each post.
- Add the “Shop the Story” feature to all past stories, adding still images and rewardStyle links below each story.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing global content calendar.
- Edit, organize and request beauty sample inventory.
- Organize all relevant PR and beauty contacts.
- Edit photos using Photoshop or Apple iPhoto.
- Organize and achieve all images.
Creativity and Writing
- Research, develop and pitch editorial content for beauty stories on a weekly basis.
- Create original content for the site. For example, develop an ongoing series: Come up with one theme, something that really speaks to you and your peers, and deliver that same story every month. You could write a “Trend Report,” an “Inspired By,” a “Best of Drugstore,” this could be anything.
- Execute special event details.