Fast paced talent agency, The Wall Group, representing well established and sought after hair stylists, makeup artists, fashion stylists and set designers seeks a Public Relations Coordinator.
• Ability to deal with incoming correspondence often responding on behalf of the director
• Competency for devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
• Manages production and distribution of media relations materials
• Aggressively pursues new media angles and story opportunities
• Actively networks with media to enhance relationships
• Actively participates in the planning, coordinating and implementing of client programming and media strategy documents
• Strong understanding of the editorial calendar, current events, pop culture, seasonal and celebrity trends to effectively and proactively contribute to story angle development that is strategic and timely maximizing product placement and brand feature placements across national, regional, online, and trade outlet
• Accountable for creating a successful working relationship and dialogue with colleagues, clients, and agency partners
• Responsible for day-to-day interaction with clients
• Must work well in a team environment but also work independently, meeting goals and deadlines with minimal supervision
Qualifications & Skills:
• Exceptional verbal and writing skills for pitches, press releases, media alerts
• Strong pitching skills (both verbal and written)
• Extensive knowledge and command of Adobe, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and file management skills, be resourceful, and be able to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines. A superior work ethic, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to adapt within a small team are essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume (as attachments) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.