Top PR firm headquartered in NYC has an immediate Part Time to Full Time Operations Manager opening. Join an exceptional team of self-starters within a fun, friendly and fast paced Public Relations firm. Join an amazing and exceptionally diverse team in our NYC offices. A team where your voice is heard, creative and fun projects weekly, and real results are produced. A competitive salary, health + vision benefits for full time employees, flexible schedule, 15% travel, and growth potential.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, governing instruments, licensing etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.
- Internal communication and verification
- Maintaining the brand image of the company internally as well as externally
- Involvement within company re-structuring & execution
- Direct information daily/ weekly to groups such as shareholders, consumers, the firm's own employees, and CEO.
- Work directly with HR on policies and procedures
- Work directly with building management on Office space leasing & management of IT related issues
- Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth
- Process and receive supply orders for team members on a weekly basis
- Contract review and negotiations
- Ensure operations are seamless throughout all Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR offices including San Francisco, Vancouver & London.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Management of agency budget in coordination with the CEO and In House Accountant.
- Development of individual program budgets- i.e. Supplies
- Development of sales goals
- Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
- Approval with Accounting for disbursement of checks for agency expenses.
- Organization of fiscal documents.
- Regular meetings with CEO around fiscal planning.
- Supervise and coach operations team including office manager, HR and Accounting on a bi-weekly basis.
Responsibilities by Function
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget with ED
- Develop and manage annual budget
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Assisting CEO and Accountant in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Reviewing payroll & organizational insurance.
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all sales and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Be a liaison with all outside vendor.
- Manage functions.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Providing consulting services on matters related to office space leasing, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.
- At least 3 years experience in Financial Management
- Strong background and work experience in Finance
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- 3 plus years experience in bookkeeping
- Knowledge of professional services/ PR or marketing contract management and +Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications for LLC’s.
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
This is for immediate availability. Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR is an equal opportunity employer. If interested please email your cover letter and resume Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
At Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR LLC our mission statement is fully realized by a single word, Communication. As a PR firm our mission is to continuously disseminate flawless, timely, and consistent communication at all times with a firm important of that communication being intelligible and at all times processing well-rounded reasoning. Communication is the nexus of all of our work at Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR. Our mission is for it to resonate in the way we work in house team-to-team, system-to-system, person-to-person, and team member to client. We are at all times cognizant of the importance to actively listen to each other, our clients and what’s happening in the media and intentionally push a high level of precisely crafted and communicated messages to the general public via the media for our clients. Our mission is to consistently own and be accountable for our communication on all levels, protect it, and ensure that it is always consistent and never diluted.
For more information on BPMPR visit http://www.beautifulplanning.com.