The PR/Communications Manager reports coordinates communications, appearances, and event-related activities for our Principal and CEO. This role is instrumental in the planning and execution of efforts for various brands and projects. The Manager acts as a link between the Head of Communications and the individual companies, agencies/vendors and other key partners.
The ideal candidate must understand the specific needs and objectives of the individual brands and projects and work closely with them throughout the planning, preparation and execution of announcements (and similar). This person also manages administrative and communications work to ensure that work is completed on time and on budget.
- Understands core components of all brands - including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors.
- Prepares press materials, develops press lists, managing logistics and operational support, research, promotional support and similar.
- Manages media relations by identifying and developing relationships with target media and influencers.
- Writes press materials and internal communications with/for brands
- Edits and proofreads written materials for quality and adherence to appropriate writing style
- Coordinates public relations tactics by managing workflow, logistics and interaction with media and influencers.
- Participates and assists in program brainstorming, development and planning.
- Conduct online research into industry trends and developments.
***PLEASE REVIEW ALL QUALIFICATIONS BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POSITION***
The “Must Haves”
- Undergraduate Bachelor's degree
- ***5+ years of experience at a reputable PR agency in a similar role***
- Strong planning & organizing skills with a relentless obsession for detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal. (Please provide portfolio samples)
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc.
- Fluency in digital platforms such as: (Instagtram, Twitter, Vine, Tumblr, Pintrest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ETC).
- Ability to attend on-site and off-site events.
- Experience working in a similar role with a lifestyle and/or celebrity-driven brand is strongly preferred.
Please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/1APtRkG