Tanya Taylor has an exciting opportunity for a Development Assistant for immediate hire.
Tanya Taylor, a globally recognized, advanced contemporary womenswear brand based in New York City, is designed for an intelligent, light-hearted woman who appreciates a careful balance of modern experimentation and traditional elegance.
The ideal candidate for this position is a motivated and efficient critical thinker, with a keenness for creating and delegating timelines with both domestic and global partners. Proficiency in garment construction, sewing, and patternmaking is a must, as well a comprehensive understanding of Adobe and Microsoft-based software.
Main duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- liaison between Development Manager and sample rooms
- assist in sampling and design processes (ability to create and explain cut tickets, manage sampling fabrics; technical sketching, computer flat renderings)
- researching and purchasing all season’s main fabrics via correspondence with mills/reps
- relaying all material info to Design, Development and Production, specifically pricing, minimums, lead times, and material defects
- tracking all domestic and international material shipments with various freight and shipping vendors
- ensuring all goods adhere to Design’s standards throughout design development and production development
- maintaining seasonal libraries of all material goods [swatches, headers, trims, trial and strike offs, as well as material expense records (PO and Invoice)]
- assisting with print development and print layouts, creating seasonal color cards
- managing raw materials archive, oversee selling and storing of overage fabrics and yarn
- Design/Textile major preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; Excel compulsory
- Familiarity with NYC’s garment district
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual
- This is an entry-level position.
Please send CV and cover letter to Ehren at firstname.lastname@example.org.