AMANDA PEARL is a New York Based emerging luxury fashion accessories company looking for a creative intern with an entrepreneurial spirit. The internship will give the applicant the opportunity to gain experience in the full range of activities involved in running a small business, from design and development, to marketing, social media, PR, and more. This intern will work closely with the founder and staff on research, idea generation, and content creation/design. There will be general internship tasks, as well as creative/design tasks assigned.
The intern will have the opportunity to work up to a high level of responsibility and be exposed to many aspects of running this type of business. There is possibility of growth into a full-time paid position.
A minimum commitment of 2-3 days per week is required. M-F: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm for at least 3 months. Internship to begin ASAP.
- Support company founder and staff as needed
- Assist with general operations
- Contribute content to company social media channels
- Design and develop various marketing materials: mail blasts, web graphics, etc.
- Help with product development through production
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication (writing, editing and verbal skills)
- High level of organization
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as autonomously
- Motivated and strong problem solver
- Fluent in basic computer applications: Microsoft Office (Excel) and Mac Software (Pages), Google Spreadsheets, Mac OS X
- Strength in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Preferred but not required: 3D rendering/modeling skills
- Software curious
- An understanding of the luxury accessories market
- An understanding of how jewelry is made, from concept to creation
- An understanding of what it takes to run an emerging creative business
- Insight into web design and e-commerce
- Experience with social media and marketing
- Portfolio content
- …and so much more!
Applicants must be enrolled in school and be able to receive school credit. We are happy to work with your school, and to provide letters of recommendation upon successful completion of your internship.
Those interested should email their cover letter, resume and availability to: email@example.com.
ABOUT AMANDA PEARL:
AMANDA PEARL is a New York based artisanal accessories collection that offers striking, sculptural, modern jewelry and meticulously handmade-in-Italy evening bags. Inspired by the resolute perfection of geometry and the beautiful imperfection of the organic form, AMANDA PEARL’s designs are imbued with her distinct sense of modern luxury.
Founded and designed by Seattle born and bred Amanda Pearl Brotman, the collection is inspired by her Pacific Northwest roots, with nods to the shaping influences that she continues to reference - nature, science, music, and the visual and performing arts.
Amanda’s evening bag designs are framed by crisp geometry that gives way to sumptuous choices in materials - whether hand painted satins or luxe embossed leathers - creating a sharp glamour that has become a favorite of inspiring women of influence from the worlds of art, film and beyond. Her bags have been seen on the likes of Lupita Nyong’o, Carrie Brownstein and Chloë Sevigny, in publications such as Vogue, Bazaar, InStyle and WWD, and awarded the Fashion Group International Rising Star Award for Accessories.
Brotman’s relaunch of the AMANDA PEARL brand brings the addition of luxury jewelry – pieces with the same modern glamour as her evening bags, but that can be taken into the day, as elegant armor, sophisticated talismans - pieces that mix into a woman’s jewelry collection and reiterate her individuality.