KFD PR is seeking bright, motivated, meticulous, and self-starting candidates with an interest in beauty, lifestyle, and health + wellness to join our dynamic team for the Fall 2015 semester!
KFD PR is a boutique public relations firm based in New York City. Our client roster spans across the beauty, lifestyle, and health + wellness sectors, working with clients such as Michelle Phan, ipsy, Juice Beauty, Diana Vreeland Parfums, and many more.
KFD PR offers a unique opportunity for interns to gain hands-on experience, practical knowledge, and professional exposure to the PR industry. Our goal is to provide our interns with a valuable and fun experience.
The ideal intern is computer savvy, informed about current industry trends, and has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have strong communication and writing skills and maintain professionalism with clients, press and coworkers across variety of circumstances (events, meetings, and daily office environments). Interns will be provided one-on-one mentorship meetings with different staff members and walk away with a robust portfolio of work.
- Assist in the writing of press releases and other press materials
- Media monitoring, updating publicity reports, clipping/archiving articles in print, online and broadcast media
- Build media lists and research press outlets for targeted outreach
- Assist with editorial requests
- Maintain and regularly update media contact lists
- Organizing and maintaining sample inventory
- Assisting teams in preparation for calls, meetings, product launches and events
- Engage in agency-wide creative/brainstorming sessions
- Assist in preparation of client events and activations
- All applicants must be available a minimum of 3 days per week
- Preferably an Undergraduate or Graduate student in the New York area
- School credit is available upon request
- Must be able to work out of our office located in the Financial District
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic and motivated! We are small team and looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is ready to dive into multiple projects at once
How to Apply:
- Please e-mail a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter should include some background on your interest in public relations/communications, relevant coursework, and prior internship experience.