Date: August 14, 2015
From: EFG::Entertainment Fusion Group
Location: New York
Positions: Mid-Senior Level Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Publicists
EFG::Entertainment Fusion Group is hiring in the New York Office. We are seeking talented and passionate publicists for our Beauty/Fashion and Hospitality/Lifestyle Divisions.
- Account Executive or Senior Account Executive in Beauty: 2+ years of agency experience working with beauty brands, experts/personalities, dermatologists, spas and salons, handling product placement and contributing to feature coverage in top tier media outlets, blogger outreach and influencer programs
- Account Executive or Senior Account Executive in Fashion: 2+ years of experience working with fashion, accessory and home brands with an extensive fashion media, influencer and style blogger network and a passion for creative events
- Account Executive or Senior Account Executive in Lifestyle: 2+ years of lifestyle public relations experience working with consumer lifestyle, hospitality, restaurant, nightlife brands, special events and an established network of contacts within the New York regional and national hospitality, entertainment/buzz, business, travel and F&B industries.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:Account Executive OR Senior Account Executive (Beauty/Fashion/Consumer Lifestyle)*** Salary/title being commensurate with experience.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- 2-4 years of directly related public relations experience (agency experience preferred)
- Perform within a fast-paced, multi-priority setting
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills for pitches, press releases, media alerts, pitches, proposals and client strategies, media briefing and messaging documents. AP Style proficient
- Extensive relationships across all media platforms including top-tier fashion/beauty, entertainment/lifestyle publications, celebrity/entertainment, trade media, local/regional/national dailies/business and broadcast (national and regional) in addition to high-traffic online outlets with proven track record of placements
- Strong network of industry and influencer contacts that can translate into event and partnership opportunities
- Must work well in a team environment but also work independently, meeting goals and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience coordinating and organizing large and small scale events
- Must have a strong understanding of the editorial calendar, current events, pop culture, seasonal and celebrity trends to effectively and proactively contribute to story angle development that is strategic and timely
- Keen understanding of client and media deadlines and lead-times
- Ability to develop and nurture client confidence and relationships and advise on brand positioning and messaging
- Demonstrates positive influence and creates motivating work environment for junior team members
- Knowledge of social media with ability to think of clients’ social media objectives as they relate to PR programming, editorial and consumer trends
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and execute PR strategies and seasonal timelines for a range of fashion, accessories, beauty and lifestyle brands in the marketplace
- Manage multiple accounts independently with the ability to perform within a fast paced, multi priority setting adhering to deadlines
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with journalists, bloggers and social media influencers
- Strong pitching and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Event planning and execution specifically with red carpets, launches and general venue events
- Experience handling press for events (strong entertainment and buzz contacts a plus)
- Ability to develop strategic plans and creative media programs, influencer and social campaigns
- Develop non-traditional PR tactics that include influencer programming, event activations, creative marketing activations and on brand partnerships
- Creative and strategic approach to pitching and ability/proven track record to deliver feature/profile/news stories in in short-lead, regional and long-lead outlets
- Cultivate new business relationships for the agency and assist with new business development
Please note EXPERIENCE IS MANDATORY to be considered for all positions. Compensation is dependent upon industry experience and qualifications. EFG PR offers a competitive salary and unlimited room for growth.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject line indicate which position you are interested in.
Who We Are:
EFG :: Entertainment Fusion Group is a full service bi-coastal agency that specializes in entertainment, consumer lifestyle, fashion, beauty and special events. EFG PR’s culture encourages comradery and stimulates creativity, in turn promoting personal and professional growth. Building the right team is just as important to the success of our agency as building the right clientele. Our open loft office, located in the city’s historic Flatiron District, upholds an environment in which all departments of the agency work hand-in-hand. Each department (Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle) operates individually on specific clientele, but each team member is consistently collaborating to provide out-of-the-box opportunities.
We often cross market our brands through a myriad of industries (i.e. fashion, art, music, entertainment, hospitality, etc.) so are looking for individuals that have their finger on the pulse of pop culture and current events. We are seeking team players with ideas to share and a strong network of media and influencer relationships to become part of a community that implements a mixture of traditional and non-traditional ideas and goals.
There are no corporate ladders to climb at EFG PR, we all work together to achieve success for our clients, as well as for the agency, since we encourage new business development. We are hardworking, supportive and respectful of one another and our energy is always positive and upbeat. We have a great dynamic and share an entrepreneurial work ethic and creative spirit.
About EFG::Entertainment Fusion Group
EFG PR is a full service public relations agency with offices in both New York & Los Angeles and activities that extend throughout the country. We have garnered international attention for distinctive public relations, brand and marketing campaigns and innovative event marketing executions within the fashion, beauty, entertainment, lifestyle, hospitality, food & beverage, music, sports, consumer, luxury and events space. As a bi-coastal agency comprised of seasoned PR and marketing veterans, our agency approach is a bit different than others as we offer both traditional and non-traditional services that extend beyond media relations and editorial placement into marketing, special events and celebrity placement, as well as brand collaborations and partnerships, high profile sponsorship opportunities and more. Our bi-coastal team and services enables us to offer a full spectrum of strategic services and brand building initiatives that are impactful and innovative ensuring that each brand strategy is successful and visible with sustained longevity through our aggressive and creative approach.
The EFG team is committed to working hard and applying our strategic thinking, as well as our creative and media relations skills to help achieve our clients’ goals. Our staff is composed of an all-star team of savvy, proactive public relations, marketing and social media professionals who have established long standing, successful relationships with media professionals at major outlets worldwide. The current market in PR is one that changes rapidly and staying ahead of the curve is imperative, which is why EFG’s forward thinking approach and strategic relationships provide a competitive edge and allow us to anticipate trends to help maximize the success of our clients’ campaigns. We work with top tier media (print, online, broadcast), celebrities, stylists, bloggers, tastemakers and industry VIP’s. We are consistently in-the-know and on the pulse of trendsetting initiatives. Setting us apart from traditional PR agencies which are usually compartmentalized, we represent clients within various industries (fashion, beauty, hospitality, entertainment, etc.) providing the perfect opportunity to cross market, whether it is creating co-branded collections, hosting VIP events at our venues or reaching a wide range of influencers to ensure that our client strategies are truly impactful.