Date: August 14, 2015
From: EFG:: Entertainment Fusion Group – Greater New York City Area
Re: PR Assistant/Account Coordinator
Entertainment Fusion Group (EFG PR), a full service fashion, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle PR firm with offices in both New York and Los Angeles, is looking for public relations assistants/coordinators to join our NY office.
We are looking for hardworking, entrepreneurial and resourceful individuals, with a passion for lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, beauty and special events, who have had previous PR experience via internships and/or paid positions and agency experience is preferred. EFG PR has created a culture that encourages camaraderie and stimulates creativity, in turn promoting growth in both personal and professional success. Hence, we are looking for individuals who are looking to thrive in a budding and creative environment. We are a fast growing agency and are looking for employees who have an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive work ethic, are results driven, effective communicators, highly organized and have a positive and upbeat personality. All candidates must work well in a team environment but also work independently, meeting goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
We are looking for long term candidates who want to learn and grow their public relations career with our agency. EFG PR offers a competitive salary and unlimited room for growth. We are looking for candidates to start immediately.
Please review job description below and send resume to email@example.com, subject line PR Assistant / Coordinator.
Job Description: PR Assistant/Account Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the senior staff and fashion/beauty/lifestyle clients by handling multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to perform within a fast-paced, multi-priority setting adhering to deadlines
- Maintain and develop database and media lists (Cision skills a plus)
- Assist in organization and execution of large and small scale events, media previews, presentations, in-store launches, venue openings and editor appointments as needed (attend and staff events, manage invites and RSVPs, create tip sheets, post event recaps, guest list check-in and red carpet support at all company events)
- Craft monthly reports, monitor media and clip placements in a timely manner
- Traffic samples, manage inventory and execute creative mailings and product send outs
- Manage and execute look book, press kit and gifting mailings to media, stylists, celebrities, influencers and bloggers
- Assist in day-to-day management of social media channels
- Conceptualize creative social media campaigns that tie back to PR and marketing efforts
- Assist in the creation of press materials including client pitches, media alerts, press releases, etc.
- Successfully place stories in media outlets with bloggers, online, long lead and short lead media, calendar listings, etc.
- Monitor media and report on client news and trends
- PR administrative and office duties
- Maintain general appearance of the showroom and office
- Manage and mentor interns
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Must have experience as an intern/assistant at a PR agency with career focus in Public Relations
- Must be extremely organized with a sharp eye for detail and the ability to multitask effectively under deadlines
- Ability to perform within a fast-paced, multi-priority setting and have a passion for the PR industry
- Self-starter as well as a team player
- Computer savvy with knowledge of various programs (including Photoshop and Microsoft Office)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Client relations skills and professional demeanor in and out-of-the-office
- Thorough knowledge of entertainment, fashion and beauty industries- must have the ability to identify celebrities, pop culture, current events, fashion, beauty, food and beverage trends, etc.
- Strategic thinker with creative ideas
- Social media savvy (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Strong networking, relationship building and social skills a plus
- Career focused with a passion in PR and special events
- Must be available to work nights & weekends as well as nights on your days off
- Must be creative, team player and very organized
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be proactive and willing to take initiative
Who We Are:
EFG :: Entertainment Fusion Group is a full service bi-coastal agency that specializes in entertainment, consumer lifestyle, fashion, beauty and special events. EFG PR’s culture encourages comradery and stimulates creativity, in turn promoting personal and professional growth. Building the right team is just as important to the success of our agency as building the right clientele. Our open loft office, located in the city’s historic Flatiron District, upholds an environment in which all departments of the agency work hand-in-hand. Each department (Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle) operates individually on specific clientele, but each team member is consistently collaborating to provide out-of-the-box opportunities.
We often cross market our brands through a myriad of industries (i.e. fashion, art, music, entertainment, hospitality, etc.) so are looking for individuals that have their finger on the pulse of pop culture and current events. We are seeking team players with ideas to share and a strong network of media and influencer relationships to become part of a community that implements a mixture of traditional and non-traditional ideas and goals.
There are no corporate ladders to climb at EFG PR, we all work together to achieve success for our clients, as well as for the agency, since we encourage new business development. We are hardworking, supportive and respectful of one another and our energy is always positive and upbeat. We have a great dynamic and share an entrepreneurial work ethic and creative spirit.
About EFG::Entertainment Fusion Group
EFG PR is a full service public relations agency with offices in both New York & Los Angeles and activities that extend throughout the country. We have garnered international attention for distinctive public relations, brand and marketing campaigns and innovative event marketing executions within the fashion, beauty, entertainment, lifestyle, hospitality, food & beverage, music, sports, consumer, luxury and events space. As a bi-coastal agency comprised of seasoned PR and marketing veterans, our agency approach is a bit different than others as we offer both traditional and non-traditional services that extend beyond media relations and editorial placement into marketing, special events and celebrity placement, as well as brand collaborations and partnerships, high profile sponsorship opportunities and more. Our bi-coastal team and services enables us to offer a full spectrum of strategic services and brand building initiatives that are impactful and innovative ensuring that each brand strategy is successful and visible with sustained longevity through our aggressive and creative approach.
The EFG team is committed to working hard and applying our strategic thinking, as well as our creative and media relations skills to help achieve our clients’ goals. Our staff is composed of an all-star team of savvy, proactive public relations, marketing and social media professionals who have established long standing, successful relationships with media professionals at major outlets worldwide. The current market in PR is one that changes rapidly and staying ahead of the curve is imperative, which is why EFG’s forward thinking approach and strategic relationships provide a competitive edge and allow us to anticipate trends to help maximize the success of our clients’ campaigns. We work with top tier media (print, online, broadcast), celebrities, stylists, bloggers, tastemakers and industry VIP’s. We are consistently in-the-know and on the pulse of trendsetting initiatives. Setting us apart from traditional PR agencies which are usually compartmentalized, we represent clients within various industries (fashion, beauty, hospitality, entertainment, etc.) providing the perfect opportunity to cross market, whether it is creating co-branded collections, hosting VIP events at our venues or reaching a wide range of influencers to ensure that our client strategies are truly impactful.