With fall collections arriving in stores and magazine's fat, fashion-focused September issues on newsstands, we're in full shopping mode at Fashionista.
Below, we assembled our very own wish lists for the season, featuring leather jackets from Acne and The Arrivals, textured A-line skirts from Topshop and AG, black leather ankle boots and sneakers from a multitude of brands and many more of the season's best new offerings and classic staples.
Dhani Mau, Senior Editor
1. Topshop "Ginger" metallic mary janes, $100, available at Topshop: These are maybe the best shoes I've ever seen. They're a little retro, a little Prada and a lot of fun.
2. Trademark textured wool sweater, $398, available at Trademark: This cozy sweater has the prettiest texture, and feels timeless.
3. Building Block cylinder duffle bag, $795, available at Shopbop: I'm really into this minimalist handbag line that's a lot less ubiquitous than that other minimalist handbag line.
4. & Other Stories cropped trousers, $75, available at & Other Stories: I hear a pair of black trousers is one of those things they call a "wardrobe staple." These ones have the perfect silhouette, and little slits to make them more interesting.
5. Alexa Chung for AG "Kety" corduroy A-line mini skirt, $178, available at Matchesfashion.com: Is anyone's fall wardrobe complete without an A-line skirt with buttons down the front?
6. Gucci horsebit-detailed leather loafers, $695, available at Net-a-Porter: When I'm not wearing my gold mary janes, I will be wearing these (in an ideal world in which I can easily afford them).
Alyssa Vingan Klein, Senior Editor
1. Acne oversized shearling jacket, $2,800, available at Net-a-Porter: This is not an exaggeration: there is no material item on Earth that I lust after more than this jacket. Every time I see someone wearing it during Fashion Month, that feeling only grows, despite the fact that it costs more than a month’s rent. One day, Acne jacket, you will be mine.
2. Madewell indigo plaid dress, $98, available at Madewell: I pick up new plaid staples every season, and this fun dress is so much less predictable than your average flannel.
3. Isabel Marant wool sweater, $640, available at Matchesfashion.com: I loved this tribal knit when I saw it on the runway and I love it just as much now. Hopefully, Isabel Marant's lower-priced line, Etoile, will have a comparable version this season as well.
4. Madewell jeans in vance wash, $128, available at Madewell: Nothing says, "It’s fall!" like a fresh pair of jeans, and this high-waisted, '90s-inspired pair from Madewell is on my shopping list. Plus, this wash will work for all seasons.
5. Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow" gel, $24, available at Sephora: Bold brows and berry lips are going to be my beauty focuses this season. I tried this gel out in my neighborhood Sephora a few weeks ago, and was pleased with the results. Call me Cara Delevingne!
6. Acne "Jensen" booties, $560, available at Nordstrom: I usually buy a fresh pair of black booties every year, and these Acne beauties have been on my mind for a few seasons now. Perhaps I will get adventurous and opt for a colored leather, but let's not hold our breaths.
Fawnia Soo Hoo, Contributing Editor
1. and 7. Zara suede cutwork top, $69.90, available at Zara and matching culottes, $129, also available at Zara: A matched set has the lazy-dressing ease of a dress, but extra outfit potential with separates. Plus, suede culottes.
2. Want Les Essentials De La Vie "Piper" backpack, $759, available at Barneys Warehouse Sale: I've actually been thinking about this backpack ever since I saw it at Barneys's Woodbury Commons outlet a few weeks ago. The shade of pink is so perfect and the leather substantial enough to transition into fall, right?
3. Rainer leather moto jacket, $685, available at The Arrivals: Fall is optimum leather jacket-wearing season, but unpredictable weather always hits when I want to wear mine. This one is water-resistant, windproof and insulated — like a fleece-lined windbreaker disguised as a badass moto jacket.
4. Mi Star Wars Superstar 80s, $120, available at Adidas: Is it totally nerdy of me to want these gold "Star Wars"-themed Adidas Superstar kicks?
5. Alexis hat, $158, available at Otte New York: Historically I've been too self-conscious to wear a big, structured hat. But Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's recent hat game has convinced me to go outside my comfort zone this season.
6. Prabal Gurung wool-blend sweater, $598, available at The Outnet: I'm an obsessive outlet and sample sale shopper, so I love the satisfaction of finding a substantial discount. Oh, and thick nubby sweaters in the fall.
Maura Brannigan, Associate Editor
1. The Arrivals leather moto jacket, $685, available at The Arrivals: I've essentially worn my five-year-old leather jacket to shreds, so it's time to invest in a replacement. This swoon-worthy The Arrivals situation may have an overtly edgy silhouette, but the fur collar helps femme it up a bit.
2. Theory cropped straight-leg pants, $310, available at Net-a-Porter: Though I wear jeans most days, I do want to incorporate a pair of slouchy pants (or "slacks," as my mother might call them) into my rotation. These trousers from Theory are slightly tapered and great to wear with both ankle booties and loafers.
3. J.Crew Italian cashmere V-neck men's sweater in olive, $225, available at J.Crew: If you are buying your V-neck pullovers from the women's department, you are simply doing it all wrong. Not only are the men's options less expensive, they're also oversized in just the right ways. This J.Crew sweater is my go-to for when I need a piece of classic, solid cashmere.
4. Topshop suede button-front A-line skirt, $140, available at Topshop: I see myself wearing this multiple times a week, with multiple different outfits. You could pair it with a chunky sweater and loafers for that slightly preppy grandfather look, or a flirty blouse and ankle boots for something a bit more Alexa Chung-y.
5. Zara heeled leather ankle boot, $119, available at Zara: There is no plausible reason why I need another pair of black ankle boots, but alas — here we are.
6. Jin Soon nail polish in nostalgia, $18, available at Jin Soon: I often find myself going back to the same shade (or at the very least, color family) every season, and I'm already deeply into pinky nudes for fall. This shade, for starters, could totally chip and it wouldn't ruin your manicure. Huzzah.
Eliza Brooke, Associate Editor
1. Disk hoops, $24, available at Need Supply: Classic hoop earrings — with a circular twist. How terribly funky.
2. Humanoid "Brilliant" jumpsuit, $308, available at Farfetch: Soft, a little bit slouchy and a mossy mustard color — this jumpsuit is simultaneously simple and a total standout.
3. Nars velvet matte lip pencil in "Bahama," $26, available at Sephora: I'm really feeling soft pink-brown lip colors for fall. This one is nicely matte and, because it comes in pencil form, is particularly easy to apply.
4. Stutterheim "Mosebacke" raincoat, $468, available at Stutterheim: This has been on my shopping list for months now. As far as I'm concerned, this is the coolest, most reliable way to stay dry in the rain.
5. 574 New Balance, $74.99, available at New Balance: Nothing says "Fashion Week ready" like new sneakers.
6. Topman gray classic sweatshirt, $35, available at Topman: A pullover sweatshirt is never not a good idea. I happen to like men's versions for a roomier fit.
Chantal Fernandez, Associate Editor
1. Uniqlo V-neck sweater, $29.90, available at Uniqlo: It's not secret that Uniqlo has really fantastic sweaters. There are few things more comforting than a gray V-neck style, especially in a big size.
2. Self-Portrait jumpsuit, $460, available at Net-a-Porter: I cannot tell you how much I love this brand and this jumpsuit in particular. It has all of my favorite things: sheer panels, peplum and pants. I would wear this every day. I would sleep in this.
3. Coach "Urban Hiker" boots, $295, available at Coach: Oh, is everybody over this shoe now? That's cool, because I'm not. Street style people were all about it last winter, so hopefully that means it won't sell out so quickly this year. I also like the new high-top design.
4. Alexa Chung for AG vest, $310, available at Avenue32: This vest is my favorite piece from Chung's second collection for AG, especially the way it was styled over a long-sleeved, collared blouse.
5. Loeffler Randall backpack, $495, available at Loeffler Randall: A sleek backpack with a bunch of furry stuff on the front? Sounds like a perfect buddy to carry my stuff around all season long.
Lauren Indvik, Editor in Chief
1. Theory "Tremaya" coat, $625, available at Neiman Marcus and Theory: I bought my first sleeveless coat — Rachel Comey's camel-colored "Momento" version — last fall, and wore it at least three times a week from October through March. Which is why I feel pretty good about investing in this black sleeveless coat from Theory, which fits like it was tailored to me.
2. Marni "Hortus" print A-line skirt, $1,300, available at Farfetch: I love a structured, patterned skirt — particularly from Marni — and this is my favorite from the label's pre-fall collection.
3. Greats "The Royale" leather sneaker, $159, available at Greats: Young, Brooklyn-based sneaker brand Greats offers beautifully made kicks at an unexpectedly low price point. I'm planning on picking up this style in black and caramel-colored leather once my size comes back in stock.
4. T by Alexander Wang striped merino sweater, $275, available at Net-a-Porter: It looks good with just about everything else I own.
5. Chloe "Darcey" necklace, $780, available at Farfetch: I have wanted versions of this modernist necklace for several seasons now. Perhaps I'll finally take the plunge this fall.
6. Stella McCartney loafers, $565, available at Saks Fifth Avenue: Stella McCartney's rubbed-soled flatforms are as comfortable as a slip-on and provide a nice little lift. I particularly like the star-spangled pattern on this pair, which is playful but, because it's metallic, easy to wear with most things in my wardrobe.