We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Product Editorial Team as Senior Product Sub-Editor. Working within our e-commerce studio in Mahwah, NJ, you will help ensure all products on NET-A-PORTER.COM, THEOUTNET.COM and MRPORTER.COM are described in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise English and represent the brands’ ethos. This role involves proofing all information which appears on the product pages and maintaining levels of accuracy through regular audits.
- Copy check uploads on both the content management system and live site, working to tight deadlines to ensure all product descriptions are well-written in a concise, accurate and informative manner, showcasing all relevant key details
- Subbing Editor’s Notes: checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar, spelling etc.
- Subbing description details, checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar, spelling etc.
- Ensuring that all editorial content across product pages reflects the aims, values and house style of THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP
- Check accuracy of upload by checking all click-through functionality, size and fit tabs and dropdowns on the product page
- Maintaining house style document
- Conduct regular audits of the site to check for consistency and accuracy
- Update live copy with amend requests from Retail Coordinators, Stock Comparison teams and Buyers
- Working with CHIEF PRODUCT SUB-EDITOR to coordinate the subbing team’s daily output across all Group brands
- Liaise with Product Editorial Translations to schedule site audits in advance
- Assist with DLP (Designer Landing Page) audits and seasonal updates
- Contribute to and lead changes to the Group’s Style Guide
- Contribute ideas for product page development
- Various ad hoc duties
- Act as an ambassador for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Fashion Studies or related subject
- 2-3 years of experience working as a sub-editor/copy editor or proofreader in an editorial or e-commerce environment
- Excellent grammar skills and ability to adapt to house style
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Must have strong communication skills and proven ability to work within a team
To apply, please visit: http://goo.gl/6aTHxq