Boutique PR agency Purple is seeking a capable, intelligent, and dynamic person to support its growing lifestyle division, working across an exciting roster of design, architecture, art, product, and travel clients.
Purple is seeking candidates with a passion for art and design, a strong work ethic, and the ability to think creatively and strategically. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of PR experience, a thorough understanding of the media landscape, and a growing network of relevant contacts.
The successful candidate will be proactive, organized, and able to anticipate client and team needs. He/she will also be an articulate and confident presenter, possess excellent writing and editing skills, and be competent at research, media analysis, and reporting. He/she will have a meticulous attention to detail and will be conscientious, responsible, and hardworking.
Responsibilities include supporting the Lifestyle team in a variety of areas:
- Product/project launches, press trips, and events
- Compiling data and clippings for reports, pitch activity updates, and ad hoc requests
- Developing and maintaining relationships with media across all channels via regular communication and press appointments
- Writing press releases
- Assisting with budget management
- Managing events, including overseeing guest lists and RSVPs, calendar listings, and post-event coverage
- Overseeing department interns as necessary
- General management of the press office
Skills and qualities required:
- Relevant network of media contacts
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape, including a strong understanding of relevant digital and social media platforms
- Ability to think creatively in order to support strategic planning
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulately, and engagingly about a variety of clients and areas both verbally and in writing
- Hard-working, proactive, and capable; must be able to work well within a small team, shift gears quickly, and wear many hats
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of client demands and schedules
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as industry-specific software tools
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to jobsNY@purplepr.com.
Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including beauty, fashion, lifestyle, hospitality, and music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation—offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Founded in London in 1998, Purple now has offices in London and downtown New York. The agency’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, cultural partnerships and programming, product placement, and high profile event management.
For more information please visit www.purplepr.com