Job Title: PR Digital/ Social Media Intern
Duration: Minimum 3 months
Compensation: College credit and commuting costs
Start date: Late August/September 2015
Responsible for: Overall support of the Digital Team
A boutique PR agency, Purple is looking for a bright and enthusiastic intern to join its fledging digital team.
This is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to take your first steps into PR or social media. You will get an insight into the running of a thriving boutique PR agency and will gain hands on experience in luxury PR, social media strategy and marketing.
Based in downtown New York, Purple represents a number of global clients in beauty, lifestyle and fashion.
You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a small team and has an interest in luxury and/ or social media strategy. Previous digital experience is not necessary, but an understanding of social media is vital. Experience with graphic design and photography is a plus.
- Organizing and maintaining blogger and digital databases.
- Capturing photo and video assets for content calendars.
- Reporting send outs; monitoring, collecting and formatting coverage.
- Research new social media outlets, technology and opportunities.
- Monitoring all things luxury fashion, beauty and lifestyle on social media to create case studies of social campaigns.
- Awareness of emerging digital platforms and apps.
- Ad-hoc project work and carrying out specific or general research.
- Supporting special events.