Rachel Comey is hiring a Ready to Wear Production Assistant.
Experience: Junior Role appropriate for those with 1-3 year experience in production, product development, or design. Degree in relevant field preferred or comparable practical experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Please communicate salary requirements with us.
Opening immediately, Full time only.
Experience / Attributes:
- Ability to communicate clearly between factories and Production manager
- Show follow through on tasks
- Should be enthusiastic about organization
- Good attitude and positive approach to problem solving
- Open mindedness, ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Show initiative to improve systems, offer constructive feedback
- Functional capability in Excel and ability to navigate databases
- Must be hands on and comfortable with physically active job
- Monitor NYC cutting rooms and sewing factories for progress
- Update WIP (excel) with progress and finished production receiving dates
- Work with Production manager to approve TOP's, perform QC inspections on finished goods
- Countersource materials/ trims as needed
- Enter costing data as required in Database
- Create and distribute production cut tickets
- Analyze trim needs, allocate as required to multiple factories
- arrange for transfer of materials between factories as needed
- Process patterns / markers and archive records
- Assist in sample duplicate order processing
- Monitor stock materials for replenishment
- Work closely with production manager in all aspects of production process
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.