Rainbowwave is a busy multi-label fashion showroom located in Chelsea, New York. We represent designers such as Gabriela Hearst, The Sleep Shirt, Mr & Mrs Italy, Atea Oceanie, Lisa Marie Fernandez, Bella Freud and Ancient Greek Sandals. We work with the UK and international markets, predominately targeting high-end retailers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to assist with showroom management and our upcoming Spring/Summer 16 market from September 11–25.
It is the perfect way to gain additional experience in the industry; we are a small team and also work closely with the designers who we represent. We are ideally looking for interns for a minimum of two months.
Sales and PR responsibilities would include:
- Working with Account Managers to assist them in preparing for and during the sales season
- General showroom maintenance and telephone coverage
- Greeting guests and assisting with beverages, lunch orders, etc.
- Checking in and out samples received from designers and press
- Assisting with the set-up and merchandising new collections in the showroom
- Processing orders and checking order confirmations
- Office organization and administration
- Researching publications and press opportunities
- Coordinating projects for clients – gifting, events and samples
- Press monitoring and clipping
- Scanning press coverage
- Occasional errands
- Press Preview Preparation
- Great organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Sense of urgency
- Positive attitude
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
Fluency in English is essential. Please also mention any foreign languages spoken as well as any PR or sales experience in your cover letter.
If this interests you please send your resume and cover letter to Whitney Simon -- email@example.com.
For more information about Rainbowwave and our designers please visit www.rainbowwave.com