Riley & Grey is the go-to source for smart, taste-making, edgy, and creative women who also just happen to be getting married. We seek inspiration for modern couples and create non-wedding-y wedding content influenced by style, art, and design. Our content team is seeking an Editorial and Social Media Intern to start September 2015. We’re looking for someone to assist us in disrupting the bridal space by developing our content site into the fashion couple’s wedding destination.
This person will be at the front of a new push to invest in unique, high-quality content and grow readership. The ideal candidate aspires to establish a strong editorial and curatorial voice in the fashion and wedding categories, while helping our readers/followers create events that really reflect their personal style and passions.
A strong work ethic, creativity, taste level, and writing skills are paramount to this position. And since we're a fast-growing, but small team, your job will be fast-paced and constantly evolving. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level.
- Love fashion and design.
- Are the go-to person among your friends for updates on what’s new and next.
- Believe in love and marriage (for everyone who wants it).
- Thrive in a learn-as-you-go atmosphere in which multi-tasking and attention to detail are key.
- Expertly pitch and produce 2-3 posts a week across our blog.
- Engage with our community across platforms such as Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create and edit editorial images in Photoshop.
- Ensure that editorial integrity, ethics, accuracy, voice, and style are first and foremost.
- Help cement Riley & Grey as the leading source of elevated, fashion-forward, irreverent, unique, informative, well-written, and shareable wedding content.
- Must be New York City based.
- Must supply three writing samples along with a cover letter and resume.
- Must be able to work at least 2 days a week.
- Must have some familiarity with Wordpress and Adobe Photoshop.
- Value self-awareness, empathy, intellectual curiosity, positive energy, and wonder - often over career experience.
- Prioritize discerning taste over industry obsession. Not an avid reader of Brides or Style Me Pretty? Prefer Vogue or The Cut instead? Not a problem.
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe that balance is the base from which all good work comes.
- Are excited to help you get wherever it is you want to go!
Starting Compensation: $10/hour
To apply please submit writing samples, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.