Shahla Karimi Jewelry is a conceptual, bridge and fine jewelry line made in NYC. We are looking for a multi-talented intern to take on a broad supporting role, with a focus on PR. We place a premium on mentorship - future entrepreneurs will benefit most from this internship, but those aiming for small organizations and start-ups will also gain valuable experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Find press hits -our jewelry gets pulled frequently, so it's difficult to keep track of magazine and red carpet appearances
- Outreach to editors, stylists, bloggers, and boutiques (to notify them of press / mentions)
- Update our website press page
- Create social media posts surrounding press
- Help with some in-person sales at upcoming pop-ups
- Some production pick-up / drop-offs
- You live in NYC
- You’re fun to work with, eager to make things happen.
- You want to work with smart people who respect what you do.
- You are solution-oriented. You won't have the answers to everything, but you should have potential solutions when problems arise.
- You have a snappy writing style.
- You take great photos (especially with your phone), and have an eye for design.
- Ideally you can use Photoshop or Illustrator but if not, we will teach you.
Before starting the line, Shahla was the Director of Merchandising for the Obama re-election campaign, and also produced multiple apparel collections with Vogue, the CFDA, and many top designers.
The position will be 1-2 dedicated days per week for the fall semester. We are located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Please send your resume, a little bit about yourself, and a link to your portfolio (if you have one) to email@example.com.