The Arrivals is a new premier men's and women's contemporary outerwear brand, launched fall 2014. Focusing on design rooted in architecture and product design, perfected fit and irreverent materiality, we are a brand doing outerwear staples and retail differently.
We are a growing team seeking a dependable, intelligent, efficient, talented and creative Design Intern for help with collection and brand development.
Our intern will work directly with the Senior Designer and Creative Director.
We have built a positive, collaborative atmosphere with a strong, energetic company culture and are looking to have an Intern join our team who can bring their unique skills and experience to the table.
- Work directly with Senior Designer and Creative Director, assisting in the development of our brand and collections, helping coordinate and execute multiple tasks and seasons at once.
- Strong focus on creation, development and updating of tech packs, BOMs, and spec sheets. Ownership of this important segment of design development.
- Fabric and factory vendor/rep appointments, tracking/follow-up, pickups and communication.
- Ownership of studio organization inclusive of: samples, fabric binders, tech pack updates.
- At least three days weekly (10-6pm).
- Must be in third or fourth year of undergraduate Fashion Design program or beyond.
- Must live in New York City with a working understanding of New York streets and geography, familiar with fabric and trim stores in the Garment District (beyond Google Maps).
- Competent and efficient with Microsoft Office, Google Mail and Calendar, and Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Positive, energetic attitude, welcome challenges, possess creative problem-solving skills and high-level/big-picture thinking.
- General understanding of design process; experience with local development and production a plus.
- True understanding of pattern-making, construction and textiles.
This role offers an exciting opportunity, as we are a new company and doing things differently, welcoming new and unorthodox ideas. We want our Design Intern to be an active and collaborative member of our team. We are looking for someone who gets it and is willing to bring their skills and hard work to the table to help us build a truly great and successful brand.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, examples of your work that relate to our brand and a short cover letter.