As Store Manager, you are responsible for your store’s performance. The most important drivers of store success are excellent customer service and developing a high-performance team of Sales Associates. In addition, you will participate in other areas of Journelle’s strategy and operations and help drive the company’s success. The Store Manager role requires exceptional leadership and collaborative skills and the wisdom to know that leaders lead best by example.
THE STORE MANAGER ROLE HAS A BROAD RANGE OF OVERSIGHT:
- BUILD A CUSTOMER CONNECTION WITH EVERY CUSTOMER WHO ENTERS THE STORE. Use every customer interaction as an opportunity to lead by example and illustrate Above & Beyond customer care.
- RECRUIT AND RETAIN GREAT TEAM MEMBERS. Assist with hiring and staffing planning. Motivate and encourage talented team members to have long careers with Journelle.
- DEVELOP TEAM MEMBERS. Manage each Store Associate’s training path; ensure that each receives all training and support. Hold monthly staff meetings.
- MAINTAIN AN INVITING STORE ENVIRONMENT. Claim ownership the store and be proactive in maintaining a pleasant store for customers—orderly, sparkling clean, and fully stocked.
- DEVELOP, EXECUTE AND CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE STORE POLICIES.
- MANAGE SYSTEMS. Ensure training and proficiency of Store Associates on store systems (e.g., Point of Sale); provide ongoing instruction as needed.
- MANAGE FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Find opportunities for your store or Journelle broadly to improve and help craft the path to get there.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Leadership experience
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Professional self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Keen ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Interest in long-term career development
- Journelle offers competitive packages including a competitive salary, comprehensive health care, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability of qualified individuals who can perform their essential duties with or without a reasonable accommodation, or any other legal protected status protected by law.