In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a bold feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of her inventive design and soon after Barneys New York placed their first order and the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Launching as a millinery (hat) collection, the brand has since evolved to include other accessories such as scarves, gloves, belts and shoes. In 2004 Eugenia was awarded the CFDA Accessories Designer of the Year award.
With an innovative approach to luxury, the Eugenia Kim brand marries clean, classic shapes with a fresh, feminine modernity and playful sense of wit. Unexpected details, bold colors and rich fabrics are the signature elements that define the collections each season.
Headquartered and handmade in New York City, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, in addition to over 200 specialty boutiques worldwide.
- Communicating with top fashion editors and celebrity stylists as well as pulling looks for photo shoots
- Helping merchandise and layout our showroom
- Making press kits
- Tracking samples
- Assisting in managing our company's social media presence
- Directly assisting our PR & Marketing Manager in all aspects of the company's public relations
- An interest in luxury fashion is a MUST (potential interns should be well versed in fashion blogs, websites, and magazines)
- Strong communication skills - both written and spoken
- Experience w/ all social media
- Attention to detail and VERY organized
Must be available ASAP for 3-5 days per week (M-F) and for 3 months.
Please email cover letter & resume in PDF format ONLY with "PR Internship" written in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay is hourly/minimum wage.
We look forward to hearing from you!