Contemporary womenswear label MORGAN CARPER is looking for motivated interns. Prospective candidates will gain extensive knowledge in all phases of design, from concept to production. This is an extremely hands-on role for someone who is a looking to immerse themselves in the fashion industry and be a part of a quickly growing fashion brand. Interns will be working on our Nomad by MORGAN CARPER line (for Anthropologie) and MORGAN CARPER.
PRODUCTION & STUDIO INTERNSHIP:
- Applicants must be available at least 2 days a week, Monday – Friday 10:00 – 5:00
- Must be organized, self-motivated, disciplined & resourceful
- Thrives under pressure & deadlines
- Basic pattern-making and sewing skills (not required but a bonus)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude!
- Pattern work that including labeling & tracing
- Interaction with our sample makers
- Assisting in print development, both digitally and by hand
- Sourcing fabric and materials/trims
- Hand work (custom beadwork, hand-dying, sewing buttons, etc.)
- Tracking and shipping samples to media outlets and showroom
- Assisting with final look book photo shoot prep and execution
- Tracking patterns and samples
- Costing & purchasing trims/notions
- Organize trim packets for production
- Quality control at factories
- Shipping and shipment management
- Maintain inventory logs for past season stock and current seasons
- Organizing trim, fabric, office supplies, labels, etc bins.
- Filing monthly receipts
- Tidiness and basic cleaning of studio is a must.
Please email cover letter, resume, portfolio (if applicable) and availability to email@example.com .