With a program that is deeply connected to the fashion industry, where the stars of the fashion world visit and work with students every year, SCAD is the runway from which tomorrow’s designers launch their careers. The internationally recognized SCAD fashion program teaches students the technical aspects, skills and history of fashion while offering opportunities to work one-on-one with top industry professionals. Global media, including The New York Times and Women’s Wear Daily, attend and cover the annual SCAD Fashion Show, a juried collection of undergraduate and graduate work. Join SCAD Atlanta as a full-time professor of fashion.
This is your chance to work with talented students in a thriving metropolis that is home to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, design firms, fine art galleries and more.
- Terminal degree or its equivalent in fashion or a related field
- Expertise in such technologies as CAD, Gerber, and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge and experience in fashion design: womenswear, contemporary, menswear, knitwear, and/or denim
- Strong skills in the areas of design as well as concept development and innovation
- Ability to develop product from 2 -D concept to 3-D design
- Broad knowledge of the elements of developing a collection and the creative uses of materials and textiles
- Proven knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Proven leadership ability
- Passion for mentoring exceptional students
- Technical design expertise in such areas as draping, patternmaking and garment construction is preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is preferred
- University-level teaching experience is preferred
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions: http://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/9662
Note: Only complete packages will be considered. An unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, cover letter, resume or CV, and portfolio are required. For the portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, or a URL. Should you have questions regarding your application package, you may submit an email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited university, offering more than 100 academic degree programs in 41 majors at locations in Atlanta and Savannah, Georgia; Hong Kong; Lacoste, France; and online via SCAD eLearning.
SCAD enrolls 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 100 countries. SCAD’s innovative curriculum is enhanced by advanced, professional-level technology, equipment and learning resources, as well as opportunities for internships, professional certifications and collaborative projects with corporate partners. In 2014, the prestigious Red Dot Design Rankings placed SCAD in the top ten universities in the Americas and Europe. Career preparation is woven into every fiber of the university, resulting in a superior alumni placement rate. In a survey of Spring 2014 SCAD graduates, 97 percent of respondents reported being employed, pursuing further education, or both, within 10 months of graduation.
For more information, visit scad.edu