Vênsette, the first and largest on-demand beauty service to your door, is seeking smart, motivated interns to join our Fall 2015 Internship Program. If you are passionate about luxury retail and beauty and are interested in being part of a fast-paced New York City startup in an innovative field, please read on!
The Vênsette Fall 2015 Internship Program will provide college-age students with a peek inside an on-demand service bridging the fashion and tech industries. Interns will assist our management team across all divisions— digital, branding, public relations, and client services— and will be responsible for tasks including social media management, digital analytics, brand initiatives, email outreach, interacting with VIP clients on a daily basis, and more. All positions require enthusiasm, organization, and a desire to learn.
The Program will take place in Vênsette’s 5 Avenue office. All positions are 8-12 hours per week. To be eligible, you must be able to receive college credit for the internship, and be available for a 12-week period. Reimbursement for transportation will be provided.
Vênsette is seeking interns in the following divisions:
- Public Relations
- VIP Client Services and Operations
Vênsette is an online platform that sends industry's leading freelance hair and makeup artists on demand to individual and corporate clients in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Miami.
New York Magazine named Vênsette the “Best at Home Makeup Service” in their Best of New York 2012 issue. WWD’s Beauty Inc. magazine featured Vênsette on the November 2012 cover and has credited Vênsette with reinventing the beauty service model. Vênsette has been featured in such publications as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Vogue, Vogue Brazil, Harpers Bazaar, Lucky, Elle, Ralph Lauren Magazine, Bloomberg TV, and NBC.
- Work closely with the marketing team to conceive, produce, and edit engaging content for Vênsette’s blog, Beauty Stories
- Assist with daily social media posts on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Tumblr
- Brainstorm new ideas for unique content packages, weekly posts, and long-term editorial rollout
- Produce weekly reports on digital marketing and social media analytics
- Work closely with the marketing team on online and offline brand initiatives
- Assist with producing advertising imagery and content
- Conceive of strategies to increase brand awareness
- Plan and manage a marketing project
- Work closely with the marketing team on events and activations
- Assist with sponsorship and philanthropic programs
- Help manage programs for influencers, bloggers, and the media
- Monitor online press and social media activity
VIP Client Services and Operations:
- Provide day-to-day support for Vênsette’s upper management
- Liaise with Vênsette tech, marketing, and client services teams to facilitate seamless communication across divisions
- Serve as project manager for a strategic initiative
- Work closely with VIP Bookings team on Corporate and Bridal bookings
- Support current and future Vênsette clients with their beauty needs
Vênsette offers the following internship perks:
- Internship lunches with upper management
- Weekly mentoring throughout the semester
- Opportunity for rotation across divisions
- Chance to attend editorial and beauty photo shoots
- Complimentary hair and makeup services
- Opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing startup revolutionizing the beauty space
- Chance to pursue full-time employment opportunities at the completion of your degree
Vênsette requires the following of all interns:
- Strong passion for beauty, fashion, e-commerce, and luxury retail
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Must be a self-starter
- Able to manage priorities and meet deadlines with ease
- Currently pursuing undergraduate degree; eligible for school credit
Please send your resume and a paragraph explaining why you are interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.