Apparel Technical Designers needed in all Markets!
- Work closely with designers to develop initial design tech packs and garment technical specifications using block patterns and original samples
- Update spec packages after each fitting using illustrator and Photoshop
- Send and track comments and prototypes to the factories
- Act as the point of contact for vendors and answer questions regarding fit, specs, pattern, trims and construction; Daily communication with vendors required
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Develop fit standards to ensure size, grading, construction and fit consistency within the brand and product categories
- Research and resolve fit, pattern and construction issues; continually research competition in the market for various construction techniques, new technology and fit
- Schedule and lead fit sessions by addressing all construction and fit issues for each garment
- Identify fit problems and offer solutions to correct
- 3-5 years of experience as a Technical Designer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of production garment construction and fit
- Must be able to interpret design intent and create alternative solutions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize workload to meet calendar goals
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Excel
- Knowledge of Gerber and Web pdm a plus
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and effectively influence
Salary is DOE.
To apply, please send your resume to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Apparel Technical Designer."