BILL BLASS is hiring an Assistant Production Manager, RTW with 1 - 2 years of experience. This full-time position is an opportunity to join a start up and rapidly growing designer fashion brand as the production assistant.
As part of the production team, you will be working closely with the designers and operations group with in the organization. You will assist in making sure that the product is of the required quality at the best price and leaves the factory on time. You will also be responsible directly for ensuring all data and PO’s are correctly recorded, uploaded and communicated to relevant parties both within and outside of the organization.
CANDIDATE PROFILE –
Key Roles and Responsibilities – will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist on the management of all Sourcing and production processes.
- Assist on planning production capacity with factories.
- Assist on the booking and confirming of allocations and orders with factories.
- Lead on all data entry on our systems platform managing purchase orders and sending them to factories.
- Assist in raw material booking on schedule delivery dates.
- Place production orders with factories.
- Maintain confirmation on going of the X factory shipments.
- Communicate production variances to head of production and merchandising and design.
- Assist the monitoring of QC inspections during production.
- Organize pre-shipment samples to be sent before deliveries-maintain purchase order deadlines working with overseas Factories and our domestic warehouse.
- Assist with material liability review.
Key skills for success:
- Understanding and urgency of the importance of accuracy of detail information.
- Understanding of a dynamic fashion calendar.
- Understanding of mathematics and EXCEL.
- A self-starter who is resourceful and disciplined.
- A positive attitude and resourceful problem solving agenda.
- Excellent communicator.
- Must have experience in apparel product production.
- Must have experience working with established IT systems.
- EXCEL skills.
- Must be good with numbers.
- Highly organized.
- Know how to set priorities.
- Organized and keen ability to organize and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
To apply, please send your resume to HR@billbass.com.