Sonia Rykiel is looking for a highly motivated, well organized and active self-starter willing to take part in a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in both Public Relations and the Fashion Industry.
This is a paid year long position.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
Support the Public Relations Department to maintain activity reports and stay within annual departmental budgets while achieving established seasonal goals in product and brand features, special event management and VIP celebrity product placements.
Support the Wholesale Department in helping develop wholesale distribution by assisting in market preparations as well as in day-to-day tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- PR Duties
a. Maintain reporting systems (contacts database, starting and ending samples inventories, news item/ feature bible, editorial, ad-to-edit and sample activity reports, et cetera…)
b. Assist in the shipping of samples (packing the samples, scheduling messengers…)
c. Support in keeping tight control on the period of time samples are out with publications there by maximizing seasonal usage.
d. Support special event production on-site, out-of-office and on location.
e. Help to maintain seasonal Paris Runway and Pre-Collection / New York collection binders reflecting show and re-see appointment attendance, seating plan and reviews.
f. Assist in sending marketing materials such as look books, invitations and press releases.
- Office Duties
a. Assist Accounting Department in maintaining a weekly reporting system and ensure timely payments with vendors.
b. Oversee full replenishment of office supplies and assist in day-to-day office tasks such as keeping the showroom and back office areas in perfect order.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service tendencies.
- Strategically minded.
- Multi-tasking, team playing and leadership are key.
- Understand the principals of branding, marketing and public relations.
- A strong knowledge and awareness of the fashion industry and its influencers.
- Awareness of the competition.
- Competent in MS Office products, PC and MAC operating systems and efficient in email and Internet applications.
- Demonstrate problem solving and people skills.
- High accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- University diploma required.
- Proven oral and written skills required.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image from Sonia Rykiel Spring Summer 2016 Collection.