Exposure is a creative communications agency. Founded in 1993 we work in London, New York and Tokyo. Our campaigns and network deliver global cultural reach. We make content and start conversations with strategic creativity that connects brands with consumers in the evolved media landscape.
Exposure is seeking a dynamic and responsible intern who can commit to a minimum of 2 to 3 days per week to start in January for the spring semester. We will have a full-time summer program as well. You may apply to both.
In this role you will assist our Fashion and Consumer PR teams, and our Experiential Marketing Department. This unpaid internship is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience in agency work. This is a highly competitive internship program and you will have the opportunity to be mentored by a Parsons professor. You will work from a syllabus, attend lectures and complete assignments to achieve your learning objectives.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Department Assistants
- Helping to create Press Releases, Designer Bios, and other written materials
- Working on Cision as an online contact database and for research
- Sample trafficking to and from Fashion Editors at magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, InStyle, People etc.
- Locating samples and upkeep of the sample log
- Handling return requests from various publications
- Obtaining, organizing, and distributing all company/brand press and editorial
- Updating media Lists
- Clipping press daily
- Monitoring print and digital press for clips daily
- Maintaining showroom at all times
- Currently enrolled in a four-year university or accredited graduate program as a Junior or Senior
- Eligible to receive school credit
- Passion for and knowledge of Public Relations
- Detail oriented and self-starting
- Strong written communication
- Ability to adapt to and multitask in high pressure situations
- Strong sense of urgency and a genuine enthusiasm to learn and grow
- Must be able to commit to minimum of 2 to 3 days per week.
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Word (Photoshop a plus)
EXPERIENCE: Fashion PR experience in a similar internship is a plus but not essential.
HOURS: 9:30 -6:00 PM. Part-time is available to accommodate class schedules.
COMPENSATION: Unpaid internship for college credit. You will receive a monthly MetroCard and lunch stipend.
Local candidates only: New York, NY
TO APPLY: Please forward your resume to Ericka at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you would want to intern with Exposure in your cover letter. Please indicate if you are applying to spring or summer session.