Who is AHAlife? http://www.ahalife.com/about
Curator for AHAlife
AHAlife seeks a curator to partner with the Merchandising team by scouring the globe looking for exceptional, quality objects, while helping AHAlife achieve its vision of creating a community which values creativity and empowers independent designers & artisans.
At AHAlife we value the inherent drive for discovery. The ideal candidate shares our passion for "the hunt" for the exceptional, the extraordinary, and the buzz-worthy, is positive and open to giving and receiving direct feedback, and is at ease connecting with a wide breadth of existing and prospective brand partners. This role requires excellent merchandising, communication, customer-facing, and organization skills.
The candidate will embrace our demanding, fast-paced environment, chock full of highly motivated, talented, creative individuals with whom the candidate will partner and interface comfortably and with ease. He/She will act as a key contributor to the success of our company and be an integral part of an intimate working environment full of excitement and challenges inherent to a start-up in the midst of rapid growth.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Communicating clearly the AHAlife value proposition and point-of-view to new and prospective brands
- Avid product seeking and curating across a wide breadth of categories and brands
- Interaction with potential and existing brand partners
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Data digging to cull insight and trends in our business; plus ability to present recommendations and opportunities to such trends in a timely manner
- Presenting assortments in a meaningful way
- Aligning with all company initiatives
- Close collaboration with Director of Merchandising on all projects and tasks within the framework of the Merchandising team and company goals
- Cross partnering with multiple internal teams, including Operations, Account Management, Tech, Customer Service and Editorial
- Partnering with the Marketing and P.R. teams on brand exposure and other related programs
Desired Skills and Experience include the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong product and analytical skills
- Prior retail / e-commerce experience desired
- Demonstrates deadline-driven, prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Curator" in the Subject Line.