When it comes to gifts, I believe in getting someone something I know they want, or empowering them to get what they really want with cash or a gift card. Wine is also good.
If you're with me, and really want to make me happy this Christmas, please see below. Or, as I mentioned, wine is also good.
1. Threshold Metal/Wood/Leather Bar Cart, $129.99, available at Target: I'm obsessed with bar carts and I think I've been asking our CEO to get one for the office since I started working at Fashionista. Recently, I've also been bugging my boyfriend to get one for our apartment. This one is incredibly affordable and so cute. Someone buy it!!
2. Max Mara Saul coat, $2,690, available at Matchesfashion.com: My desire for a cozy wrap coat is stronger than ever this year, and I haven’t found one better than Max Mara’s signature style.
3. L.L. Bean 1912 heritage sweater, $179, available at L.L.Bean: I'm currently obsessed with thick, *~authentic~* feeling 100 percent wool sweaters like this classic L.L.Bean fair isle cardigan. Much easier than hunting for a vintage one.
4. Catbird dewdrop bracelet in yellow gold, $264, available at Catbird: I've always been pretty jewelry-averse, largely because I'm usually in such a rush in the morning that I don't bother to put any on, so my new favorite thing is super light jewelry that I don't have to take off in the first place. I already have one like this with a tiny diamond, so I'd love this slightly fancier one with white pearls.
5. Trademark bucket bag, $528, available at Trademark: I love the easy, open shape of this bucket bag and how it differs from the others on the market. I'd carry this every day.
6. Everlane E1 boot, $285, available at Everlane. My years-long search for the perfect black booties hasn't ended yet, but I feel like it could with these new Everlane beauties. They're kinda perfect.
7. Gucci intarsia knit wool beret hat, $255, available at Matchesfashion.com: This might be the most accessible item from Alessandro Michele's Gucci ouevre, making it a perfect gift for me.