TADASHI SHOJI, a LA-based fashion house, is seeking a qualified Design Director to use the skills of creativity in exercising concepts, communication, and leadership. The Design Director must work with a team of designers and fabric developers in creating 12 collections a year. The Design Director will work closely with Tadashi Shoji and bring the collection from concept to completion including but not limited to, conceptual presentations, sketch review, design and guidance through fabric development, spec and fit processes. This position would be BASED IN LA. And requires travel to China UP TO 4-5 months. Spread throughout the year, at 2-3 week intervals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use creativity to formulate fashion design concepts.
- Form a vision to portray each seasons inspiration
- Generate fresh ideas that are appealing to the target market
- Lead and/ or contribute to brainstorming initiatives and gathering ideas to support the team’s creative delivery.
- Time management and the ability to lead and inspire each design team member throughout the creative process.
- Creative supervision and manage daily workflow of design team.
- Must have the ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Must have a solid understanding of product construction and production (e.g., finishing techniques, fabrics, trim development, fit).
- Work closely with pattern making teams to ensure proper fit and proportions.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience working as a Design Director for a fashion company
- Experience with software such as Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Strong construction knowledge in evening design
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing
- Excellent time and project management
- Passion, Integrity, & Energy
- A flexible and open-minded attitude
When responding please include COVER LETTER, RESUME, and PORTFOLIO to: email@example.com.
Images provided by TADASHI SHOJI