Any single person will share that the dating scene just isn't what it used to be. Instead of meeting in person, exchanging numbers and scheduling a date, connections are now made by swiping left or right on phones and conducting intense online searches before striking up that initial conversation to meet IRL.
In a world where over two in five Americans* use dating sites and apps, online interactions aren’t enough to seal the deal. In a recent Caress® Body Wash Survey, more than half of men responded that non-verbal cues are what make a woman unforgettable. In fact, men are more than twice as likely to remember a woman's scent or touch than her eye color after meeting her for the first time.
Luckily for daters everywhere, Caress teamed up with body language extraordinaire Tonya Reiman to share her tips on how to combine the two most powerful senses – touch and fragrance – to leave a lasting impression this holiday season.
1. Beam with confidence. Show you're comfortable in your own skin — stand tall, make sure hands are turned down (hands turned up are a submissive sign), make eye contact and dress in something that makes you feel good. You will radiate and be irresistible.
2. Play up your sensual side. Did you know your neck is actually a sensual spot? If you're going on a date, draw attention to that area by wearing a necklace that lands right at the base of your neck (your super sternal notch) and draw attention to that area during the date with a natural touch. Just make sure you forego a heart design — that signals you're already taken.
3. Talk without words. The average person takes in more signs than they realize, so if you're looking to show someone you're interested, lean in while you're talking, point your feet toward the other person and nod while they speak to let them know you're listening. Smiling also causes a chemical reaction that decreases stress and boosts feel-good transmitters in the brain. It communicates confidence, shows you're interested and lifts the mood. Seeing a smile is contagious and others can't help but smile back, so you benefit from the same positive effects.
4. Layer your fragrance. Scent is a major factor in attraction, so create a signature scent by stacking fragrances. Notes such as vanilla, amber, sandalwood and musk can actually enhance any other fragrance that you wear. Get date-ready by stocking the shower with fine fragranced body wash, Caress Love Forever. It's formulated with breakthrough technology so it releases a burst of perfume upon touch to truly captivate the person you're meeting.
5. Prioritize good posture. It's a given that good posture communicates confidence and it's the first thing you notice about a person, but did you know that it can actually make you feel better? When you sit or stand tall, more oxygen is released to the brain, which in turn makes you feel healthier, livelier and rids the body of toxins.
6. Maintain an air of mystery. When you really want to reel your date in, don't give it all away. Leave some questions unanswered. Combined with powerful non-verbal cues and a sexy scent, it will leave your date wanting more.
About the Caress® Survey:
The Survey was conducted by Kelton Global online between June 24 and July 2, 2015 among 1,031 nationally representative Americans ages 18 and over*, using True Sample. Quotas are set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the entire U.S. population ages 18 and over. The margin of error is +/- 3.1 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level. The margin of error for any subgroups will be slightly higher.