BPCM NYC is looking for talented candidates to join our growing team as an Assistant Account Executive to work across a portfolio of clients in our Travel, Wine and Spirits division. We are looking for energetic, positive candidates who can work closely with the senior team members supporting across all client activities. Strong written are communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have solid experience within a Lifestyle, Travel & Leisure magazine or PR agency.
Responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Monthly and weekly client reports including, edit/credit report, weekly/monthly summation, inventories, product pitching and public relations calendar published credits, sample credits and PR activity,
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all clients
- Track and monitor secured press for the accounts and distribute to team in a timely manner
- Handle correspondence with external entities for general day-to-day press requests
- Maintain press contact lists and ensure that all editor information is current and up-to-date in Fashion GPS database.
- Ensure there are up-to-date lists for event coverage, lifestyle websites & blogs, celeb blast lists, etc.
- Keep up-to-date credit charts in spreadsheet and check for new issues and credits
- Scan credits immediately and send to team and work with social media to release to public
- Assist Travel, Wine & Spirits team with event production, organization and set up of special events
- Be available to work events across the company
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience, at least one year, within a PR department (agency or in-house)
- A true interest in lifestyle PR and the travel and spirits industries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Problem solving and solution oriented with a proactive attitude
- Working knowledge of FashionGPS
- Proficient computer skills i.e., Excel and Word (to intermediate level)
If you think you embody the qualities above, we invite you to apply here: https://bpcm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=10 and answer a few questions so we can learn more about you.
This is your opportunity to work in a fun and fashion forward environment with high-end luxury clients. You'll be working in a loft-like NYC office space, surrounded by great teammates in a fast-paced, high-achievement culture committed to excellence for our clients.
We offer medical, dental and vision, 401K, Commuter Benefits, FSA, summer hours and a generous PTO policy.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.