At J Brand, innovation and creativity is our passion. We are a team of smart, amazing people who foster an environment of collaboration and fun. We believe our people are the key to achieving our business objectives and our overall success. Our team is our most important asset. Join us!
J Brand is seeking an experienced Merchandiser - Wholesale in our corporate Los Angeles, CA office who can utilize their wholesale, analytical, and spreadsheet experience to take ownership of the role. This role will work autonomously as well as partner with cross functional teams to drive results that steadily increase bottom line. This is not a Retail Merchandiser (Visual Merchandiser role) Please read job description below for core duties.
- BUILDS SEASONAL SKU COUNT/ATTRIBUTE EXCEL WORKSHEETS
- BUILDS SEASONAL INVESTMENT WORKSHEETS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PLANNING
- RESPONSIBLE FOR PRELIMINARY COSTING SPREAD SHEETS (WHOLESALE/RETAIL)
- RESPONSIBLE FOR STYLE/INVENTORY MANAGEMENT IN Microsoft Dynamics AX system FOR DROPS AND PHASE OUTS
- RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING TOPS PORTION OF THE BUSINESS: FROM LINE PLAN, TO LEADING CFT MTG, TO CONDUCTING HINDSIGHT MTGS, REVIEWING BOOKINGS WITH PLANNING/MD SUGGESTIONS
- RESPONSIBLE FOR WALKING THROUGH ECOMMERCE, VISUAL AND PR THE LINE EACH SEASON
- PARTNERS WITH ECOMMERCE TEAM TO LINE UP SEASONAL MESSAGES EACH SEASON WITH DIRECTOR OF MERCHANDISING
- PARTNERS WITH VISUAL TEAM ON SEASONAL KEY PK BOOKLETS
- MANAGES GLOBAL EXCLUSIVES AND SMU LINE MANAGEMENT
Education and Experience:
- BS or BA Degree preferred in Merchandising. Combination of related work experience and education may be taken in to consideration
- Total 5-6 years’ related (wholesale) experience: Minimum 3-4 years minimum experience as a wholesale Merchandiser
- Proficient in MS Office, computer savvy, Google expert
- MS Excel - Intermediate to Advanced skill level to create spreadsheets, charts & formulas, and aggregate current and historical data
- Apparel industry/ wholesale industry experience preferred. Some retail merchandiser experience may be helpful, but not required
- Please note: this is NOT a Visual Merchandiser role, nor a Retail/Store Merchandiser, please read job description carefully, before applying
To apply: email resume to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and include “Merchandiser Wholesale” in the subject line. Resumes must be submitted to JBLA careers for consideration.
No phone calls or direct inquiries please. No agencies or third party recruiters.
J Brand's Mission statement:
Fashion Leaders Making a Difference.
We create style that excites your life. We champion incomparable service. Our employees thrive on creativity, contribution, and integrity. Passion drives our expansion, profit, and philanthropic commitment.
For more product and information please log onto our website at www.jbrandjeans.com or www.fastretailing.com
J Brand values the individual talent that comprises this company and is committed to equal opportunities for each employee's advancement. Our company believes in and supports policies and practices that prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.