Everyone says the holidays are about giving, but I guess I'm still enough of a kid that I love the receiving bit of the season, too — so much so that I started planning my wish list in early November.
My family members love to gift each other activewear — so, mom, dad and Katie, if you're reading this, feel free to go wild at Outdoor Voices, I love it all. And my feet would definitely thank you for a pair of sensible snow boots. But most of all I'm dreaming of a winter coat, as I've been wearing the same black Burberry wrap coat for almost a decade now. Very likely, that will be the gift I give myself.
1. Outdoor Voices hoodie in charcoal, $85, available at Outdoor Voices: This sweatshirt is the literal softest — good for morning runs and trips to the coffee shop.
2. J.Crew chunky cable sweater, $278, available at J.Crew: I've been looking for an ivory crew-neck sweater for a while, and the diagonal ribbing on the front and sleeves sets this one apart.
3. Marni heavy double felt coat, $1,272, available at Marni. I haven't bought a winter coat in several years, so this might wind up being the big present I get myself. I'm taken with the raw edge details and easy, collarless cut, which would pair so well with my assortment of big scarves.
5. Gucci horse-bit detail leather loafers, $695, available at Net-a-Porter: I bought a pair of off-white Gucci loafers earlier this fall and have been wearing them nonstop. It's little wonder I'm craving an equally classic pair in black.
6. L.L. Bean 6" boots, $99, available at L.L. Bean. After four years in New Hampshire and six and a half in New York, it's about time I acquired a pair of snow boots. Like just about everyone else in the U.S., I want a pair of made-in-Maine L.L. Beans.