International PR agency, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including beauty, fashion, lifestyle, hospitality, and music. Founded in London in 1998, Purple now has offices in London and downtown New York. The agency’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, cultural partnerships and programming, product placement, and high profile event management.
We are looking for Spring 2016 interns to begin in January. Internships are available in Lifestyle and Operations divisions.
Purple represents a number of fantastic Lifestyle brands including, EDITION Hotels, SOTO Sake, SIXTY Hotels, Design Within Reach, The Norman Tel Aviv, Zaha Hadid, and more. The ideal Lifestyle intern is a hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a small team and has a passion for public relations. Previous PR experience is not necessary, but an understanding of the industry is vital.
- Coordinating image and press kit send outs
- Going through weekend supplements, glossy magazines and daily national newspapers for any lifestyle press coverage and lifestyle sections/opportunities
- Scanning and formatting coverage
- Generating monthly client reports, including coverage achieved and forthcoming coverage
- Managing media and influencer databases
- Attending client meetings and special events
- Ad-hoc project work and carrying out specific or general research
The role of Operations Intern will consist of supporting company operations by maintaining office systems and providing administrative support.
Responsibilities and skills include:
- Supports overall administrative activities for the office and its staff
- Supports the maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, postage machines, conference room IT set up, etc.
- Responsible for the facility’s day-to-day operations
- Participates as needed in special department projects
- Process accounts receivable and expenses, liaise with Purple HQ accounting in London
- Assist with new hire processing to ensure all paperwork is completed and sent to corporate for processing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year of office admin experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic accounting knowledge
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.