The Arrivals is a growing mens and womens contemporary outerwear brand, launched Fall 2014.
Focusing on design rooted in architecture and product design, perfected fit and irreverent materiality; we are a brand doing outerwear staples and retail differently.
We are a growing team seeking a dependable, intelligent, efficient, talented and creative Design Intern for help with collection and brand development.
Our intern will work directly with the Senior Designer and Creative Director.
We have built a positive, collaborative atmosphere with a strong, energetic company culture and are looking to have an Intern join our team who can bring their unique skills and experience to the table. We encourage thinking outside the box and creative problem solving.
- Work directly with Senior Designer and Creative Director, assisting in the development of our brand and collections, helping coordinate and execute multiple tasks and seasons at once.
- Creation, development and updating of tech packs, BOMs, and spec sheets. Ownership of this important segment of design development.
- Fabric and factory vendor/rep appointments, tracking/follow-up, pickups, and communication.
- Ownership of studio organization inclusive of: samples, fabric binders, tech pack updates, and general studio organization.
- At least 3 days weekly (10 am - 6pm).
- Must be in 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate Fashion Design program or beyond.
- Must live in New York City; with a working understanding of New York streets and geography. Familiarity with fabric and trim stores in the Garment District (beyond Google Maps) a major plus.
- Competent and efficient with Microsoft Office, Google Mail and Calendar, and Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Positive, energetic attitude; welcoming of challenges, possessing creative problem solving skills and high-level/big-picture thinking.
- General understanding of design process; experience with local development and production a plus.
- True understanding of patternmaking, construction and textiles.
This role offers an exciting opportunity, as we are a new company and doing things differently; welcoming new and unorthodox ideas. We want our Design Intern to be an active and collaborative member of our team. We are looking for someone who gets it and is willing to bring their skills and hard work to the table to help us build a truly great and successful brand.
Please contact us at email@example.com with your resume, examples of your work that relate to our brand and a short cover letter.