Curator for AHAlife
AHAlife seeks a curator with an emphasis on men’s lifestyle product who will partner with the Merchandising team by scouring the globe looking for exceptional, quality objects. He/she will be integral in driving AHAlife’s vision of creating a community which values creativity and empowers independent designers & artisans.
At AHAlife we value the inherent drive for discovery. The ideal candidate shares our passion for "the hunt" for the exceptional, the extraordinary, and the buzz-worthy, is positive and open to giving and receiving direct feedback, and is at ease connecting with a wide breadth of existing and prospective brand partners. This role requires excellent merchandising, communication, customer-facing, and organization skills.
The candidate will embrace our demanding, fast-paced environment, chock full of highly motivated, talented, creative individuals with whom the candidate will partner and interface comfortably and with ease. He/She will act as a key contributor to the success of our company and be an integral part of an intimate working environment full of excitement and challenges inherent to a start-up in the midst of rapid growth.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Expertise in or passion for men’s products (lifestyle products, tech, design, food/health and more); avid product seeking and curating across a lifestyle breadth of categories and brands
- Analyzing data to cull insights and trends in our business; plus ability to present recommendations and opportunities to such trends in a timely manner
- Communicating clearly the AHAlife value proposition and point-of-view to new and prospective brands
- Consistent interaction with potential and existing brand partners
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Presenting assortments internally in a meaningful way
- Aligning with all company initiatives
- Close collaboration with Director of Merchandising on all projects and tasks within the framework of the Merchandising team and company goals
- Cross partner with multiple internal teams, including Operations, Account Management, Tech, Customer Service and Editorial
- Partner with the Marketing and P.R. teams on brand exposure and other related programs
Desired Skills and Experience include the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong product and analytical skills
- Prior retail / e-commerce experience desired
- Demonstrates deadline-driven, prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com "Curator” in the Subject Line. Optional: send us your top 10 picks for AHAlife not currently on our site and include product links and a short blurb on why this is a perfect fit for AHAlife. For guidance, please refer to the below for sample picks spanning our category breadth.