BWR is looking for an Account Executive to join their growing fashion division. The ideal candidate should have solid stylist & media contacts, be highly motivated and be able to multitask efficiently.
This position requires strong written and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with clients, talent & media. This person will be responsible for showroom management & assist with celebrity/stylist relations. Must have at least 3 years of experience in the fashion pr industry.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assisting the implementation of the overall media strategy for different brands, including developing story pitches and strategically positioning the brands in the media through effective messaging. Traditional media and social media included.
- Managing the showroom. Making sure it is in pristine condition at all times as we have stylists, editors and talent in frequently. Assist with day-to-day administrative and organizational tasks.
- Pitching and securing top celebrity placements and national & local media placements. This includes also securing print, television, and online media (press hits) after a celebrity wears one of our designers
- Identifying and creating proactive media opportunities
- Cultivating and nurturing media, digital influencer, stylist and celebrity relationships, as well enhancing our existing relationships.
- PR Calendar: Maintaining accurate records of all upcoming editorial calendars, industry events, award shows, film festivals, parties, premieres, etc that will lead to potential opportunities for our clients to be placed
- Drafting press releases, media alerts and other press materials and managing the distribution of news through all outlets.
- Schedule and facilitate celebrity stylist showroom pulls and celebrity fittings
- Merchandising showroom and updating product inventory
- Coordinate Sample Trafficking
- Monitoring media, including newspapers, magazines, broadcasts, online sites and blogs for secured client placements
- Researching and keeping up to date with top celebrities through all celebrity and entertainment based websites
- Gifting celebrities, stylists, editors and other industry professionals
- Circulating client lookbooks and linesheets to stylists
- Clipping and servicing placements to clients
- Updating stylist & celebrity seeding lists
- Extensive media contacts and personal relationships with top-tier stylists, media and influencers
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Can write both critically (press releases and media alerts) and editorially (social media, pitches etc).
- 3-4+ years’ experience working in fashion PR
- Cision, Critical Mention, and other major distribution applications a plus.
- Proficiency on computers and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Entourage, PowerPoint etc).
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clients and team members
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
If you are a good candidate for this position, email Courtney.email@example.com for details!