Premier, design-focused, modern boutique hotel, Hotel Americano located in the heart of Chelsea is seeking a motivated, experienced Events Coordinator that is looking for an opportunity to manage and develop the events department. Unique opportunity to exhibit your capabilities, flex your know-how and create experiences that resonate and connect with sophisticated guests and work with a professional team. Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow within an organization that is actively growing in the United States.
- Sales: Researching new prospect clients and arranging and making appointments with the following categories (Trade Fairs and Show, Corporate Offices, Local Residents, Art Galleries). Organizing events mailing list and contacts.
- Special Projects: Assisting executives in developing new business opportunities through the establishment of partnerships with nearby events venue/location (Sky Light, High Line, Galleries), third party event’s management agencies (Karla Otto, KCD, HL Group, WCMG, Shiraz); developing a cultural program and night life program for our cellar lounge club which includes booking talents, hosts and promoters. Assisting with full involvement the team when operating “Pop-Up” temporary restaurants and bars at well known art and design fairs.
- Operation and Administrative Task: Assisting clients for all the matter related to events operation. Keeping the client’s Banquet Event Order updated. Reviewing details constantly with F&B Team. Ensuring specific projects and staff is happy and friendly. Working along side with other dept. (engineer and housekeeping). Basic accounting procedures (charging items, closing checks, invoicing) .
Reports To: Director of Events, Partnerships and Development
Supervise: Event Department including Banquet Operation
- Internal: Staff in all departments.
- External: Client, Event prospects Clients, Hotel Guests
- Two years experience as a manager with direct oversite of teams.
- Supervisory experience in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of appropriate Event Operations.
- Knowledge of Point of Sales System like Opera and Micros.
- College graduate with a preference for a Hospitality Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to provide effective communication.
- Compute mathematical calculations.
- Ability to:
· display ownership and project leadership in the Event Management.
· perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
· prioritize and organize.
· be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
· understand guest service needs.
· work cohesively with team members.
· work with minimal supervision.
· take direction.
· maintain confidentiality of guest information.
· ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training. Develop SOPs.
· direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed, holding team members accountable.
· sets work standards of cleanliness and resetting the scene.
· staffing, hiring and discharging.
· planning and delegating of responsibilities throughout department to ensure positive results.
· keep management informed of the department activities and needs.
· ability to work a flexible schedule , including weekends and holidays.
To apply, please send your resume to Events@hotel-Americano.com.