Location: Sebastopol, CA
INDIGENOUS, for more than two decades, has reflected a commitment to sustainability, social entrepreneurship and responsible actions by consumers and business alike. With a scalable artisan production network as a model for placing people at the center of the enterprise, and by investing heavily in establishing itself as an industry sustainability leader, even from a small platform, INDIGENOUS has established a brand like no other.
The Vice President of Sales Opportunity
The company’s branded and private label businesses are strong, and its presence in boutique outlets across North America is growing on an impeccable reputation for quality, design and commitment to sustainable practices. The current growth opportunity is to establish a much deeper brand presence within regional and national premium retailers.
INDIGENOUS now seeks a new Vice President of Sales who can leverage her/his key account experience, network, and passion for the INDIGENOUS story, to help lead us to a new level of growth and market prevalence.
This is a unique opportunity for a proven sales leader to contribute to the growth of a company dedicated to organic fibers and the beauty of handmade, eco-fashion, artisan cooperatives and fair trade practices. Together, we will further establish INDIGENOUS as the globally-recognized, authentic, sustainable fashion brand.
VP of Sales Key Factors for Success
- Direct Retail Sales Relationships - Leverage your proven personal sales capabilities and existing relationships with premium retail chain buyers and general merchandise managers in order to establish and grow profitable INDIGENOUS accounts.
- Market Knowledge - Obtain and distill information about sales and fashion trends, and competitive dynamics, in order to support product development and positioning, and contribute to leading edge advertising and promotions.
- Strategic Planning and Thought Partnership - Develop and lead an actionable, multi-season sales plan in the context of INDIGENOUS’ company vision and financial targets and needs. Contribute as a valuable member of the management team, charged with ensuring INDIGENOUS’ continued growth and embodiment of its values.
- Initiative - Act as a role model of “self-starting” and empathetic leadership in order to form the foundation of a high energy sales organization ready to scale.
- Effective Communication - Leverage your strong written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with leadership team colleagues, sales professionals, cross-functional team members, and customer personnel.
- Leadership - Play the primary role in the growth and development of the INDIGENOUS sales culture.
- Proven, multi-year sales experience and success in the fashion industry, particularly in INDIGENOUS’ knitwear categories and price points
- Robust network of contacts with larger national/regional retailers and department stores, and a track record of both initiating and developing these relationships
- Proven high performance from the early stages of establishing a key accounts sales function
- Experience with data-driven sales planning, using technology and reporting tools
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation and Benefits
INDIGENOUS offers competitive salary, bonus and benefits for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.
We have retained Schaffer&Combs, a certified B Corporation, to support this high priority search. In order to apply, please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter (indicating why you are the right fit for INDIGENOUS and the VP Sales position) to INDIGENOUSVPsales@schaffercombs.com. Please include your name, the title for this position, and the company name (“Your name – VP Sales - INDIGENOUS”) in the subject line of your email. Please refrain from contacting INDIGENOUS directly; all inquiries should be directed to Schaffer&Combs. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.