KARA is a NYC based handbag label launched in 2013 by designer Sarah Law. Two and a half years since it’s debut, the brand has rapidly expanded global distribution. Products from the label can be found at department stores and exclusive retailers like Barneys New York, Opening Ceremony, Net-a-Porter, Lane Crawford, Liberty of London, ShopBop, and Ssense.
The office is an energetic, self-starter environment made of a close-knit team. All aspects of the business from design to production, marketing and e-commerce are managed in-house. The line presents four collections a year and shows at market in New York and several regions around Europe.
We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate person who is seriously interested in growing a business and having direct impact on building a brand. Deep appreciation for quality product, competitive strategy and positive attitude are a must.
- Pre-Market: seasonal strategy and projections, outreach, prepare all sales materials and documentation, Merchandising, coordinating store exclusives
- In Market: manage appointments, track feedback, travel for tradeshows, prepare and manage showroom presentation, develop and maintain buyer relationships, record and track buyer notes
- Post Market: order confirmations, coordinate and conduct sales trainings, PKs, regular store visits, analyze and compile sell through data, Follow up for reorders, competitive market analysis, and wholesale customer service
- Maintain Buyer relationships and act as a brand ambassador
- Identify opportunities to grow within sales strategy and process, product assortment and wholesale customer service
- Negotiate payment terms, minimum order presentations, floor space and PR/Marketing support from retailers
- Personal Interest, enthusiasm and passion for KARA brand and product.
- 3-5 years direct wholesale experience within the fashion market, preferably accessories market.
- In-depth industry knowledge of wholesale business practices, negotiations, margins and pricing structures.
- Proficient in excel and other various software packages to create reports.
- Strong understanding of wholesale market within both competitive brand and retailer landscapes.
- Target driven with exceptional negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze sales and market data and prepare reports and presentations with critical information.
- Organization and time management skills; ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and abroad.
- Enjoys problem solving and detail oriented.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Sales Manager.