Rachel Comey Studio is seeking an immediate full time or part time intern to join our fabric development team. We are an NYC based womenswear brand that grew out of the downtown arts scene of the early 2000s, and have become known for collections with artful custom textiles, graceful modern silhouettes, and covetable footwear.
This is a great opportunity to learn from close involvement and one-on-one with a supervisor, and interface with other departments in a close studio environment. The intern, through this internship, will acquire some valuable experience/knowledge about the fashion industry. This is not an employment position, but we can offer credit towards course completion.
Shadowing the fabric developer in the process of :
- sending lab dips to fabric mills
- sending out/tracking fabric developments to mills
- organizing sample reference pages into master season books
- participating in creation of charts tracking sample fabric ordered from fabric shows
- organizing fabric selections for design meetings
- Attention to Detail
- Must be well organized
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong sense of urgency
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Team Player
Minimum of 3 full days/ week commitment is recommended. Minimum term is 3 months.
Please email email@example.com and include your resume & cover letter, and write Fabric Development Internship in the subject. In your cover letter, state what dates and period of time you would be available for an internship.