John Doe New York is looking to add an ambitious and stand-out Assistant Account Executive with social media expertise to its team for an immediate start date.
We’re fast paced, organized and forward thinking. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and resilient quick-thinker who is eager to develop a career in PR. Ideal candidate has experience in PR as well as social media. Applicants must have excellent writing skills and be adept at working with Microsoft Office as well as Cision.
- Monitor and circulate daily press coverage
- Compile weekly and monthly client reports and press recaps
- Write original copy to post to the company’s social media channels
- Understanding of and able to create social strategy across clients
- Support in planning client events and press activations
- Compile media lists using Cision for various brand initiatives
- Assist with client research
- Manage office administration and organization
- Clip and track press
- Coordinate departmental travel and expenses in a timely fashion
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Previous PR Internship experience is mandatory
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to be a team player – a positive, can-do attitude is a must!
- Understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Understanding of media landscape, cultural trends and how they relate to our clients
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and manage tasks while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation
To apply, please send your resume to joinUS@johndoehub.com.